cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssmward
Mentor

Chrome cast not working with nowtv

Had one device space left and setup chromecast only to have nowtv readd the tablet I was using (even though it was already set up as a device on my list) & inform me I can't add anymore devices?!
Anyone else had similar issues and know how to fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ssmward Hello 🙂

Did you cast first before playing a programme?

See if live chat will reset this slot for you.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices

Click the link and click the green contact us button at the bottom. Then select "live chat". Smiley Happy

Best on a PC/Mac.

Always remember to cast first. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ssmward Hello 🙂

Did you cast first before playing a programme?

See if live chat will reset this slot for you.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices

Click the link and click the green contact us button at the bottom. Then select "live chat". Smiley Happy

Best on a PC/Mac.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

Indeed @caseyb1993

@ssmward have a read through the information I have posted below to aid you in using chrome cast on TV:

Methods of handling the chromecast
before I go into how chrome cast works on NowTV. Let me explain the ways in which chromecast can be handled that use device limits such as nowTV.

The most common way in which chromecast is handled is that the device which is used as the control device for the chrome cast is registered as a device but the chromecast itself isn't registered. The major disadvantage to this method is that only a registered device can control the chromecast. Although just like the second method I am going to explain below you are still able to move the chromecast . This is not the method NowTV uses to handle the chromecast.

The less common way of handling chromecast is that the chromecast itself is registered as a device. The advantage of this is that it does not matter what device controls the chromecast. When you consider that a chromecast can easily be moved and will work on any piece of equipment that has HDMI input and supports HDCP. (I say equipment not Just screens because chromecast can be connected to AV receivers and then you have the AV receiver output to a TV).

using Comcast on NowTV

So , given what has been explained above. The less common method which by the way is the method NowTV uses to handle the chromecast allows you in to somewhat circumvent the device limit because you can very easily change the screen/equipment you are using for the chromecast without it affecting your devices because it is the chromecast itself that is registered as a device not the screen or equipment you're using with the chromecast, so you can move the chromecast around and as mentioned above with this method any device can be used to control the chromecast. So if used correctly. This method gives you a lot of freedom

The one really important thing to remember when using chromecast with NowTV is that if you do not want the control device for the chromecast to be registered as a device, you must first put the NowTV app on your tablet or phone into cast mode before you play any content. This will prevent your phone or tablet from being registered as a device and only the chromecast will be registered.

If you do not put the app into cast mode before playing content then your tablet or phone will be registered as a device and when you cast to the chromecast a second device slot will be used

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having the same issue with Chromecast sing up one of my foir devices. I have read various answers, but what I don't understand is how to "cast fist". I have the Now TV App on my phone, but I only seem to be able to click "play", the chromecast icon doesn;t appear until afterwards. 

Please help!

ssmward
Mentor

Thanks I did cast first, however had to contact live chat eventually as deleted devices kept reappearing. All sorted now thanks