cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromcast

Could someone confirm that you cannot currently download the Now App on Chromecast, you either have to cast it from another device or find some other way 

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What Chromecast generation model are you using?

Where you download the NOW App to your smart phone or tablet rather than Chromecast itself.

Or do you mean you have Google Chromecast TV with the remote where the native NOW App is not supported from the Google Play Store. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I just noticed your other post on a Google Chromecast TV thread.

So you have a Google Chromecast TV where the Native NOW App is not currently supported.

In this case you will have to cast from your phone or tablet. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,  it was bough new yesterday and is the 4K version

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately at the moment there is no native NOW App support by NOW themselves to use on the Google Chromecast TV.

So you will have to use for now casting by adding the NOW App to your smart phone or tablet.

Maybe send NOW a tweet or drop them an email to see if an official native NOW App support is in the pipeline for Google Chromecast TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmmm thats annoying, its not clear on the Now TV website that its isn't available 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This NOW link article below lists what playback devices are currently supported.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I saw that and when you click on set boxes and streaming devices, I would read it as Chromecast 2nd Generation or later it is available 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Google Chromecast TV with the supplied remote is a different Beast running Google / Android TV compared to the Chromecast dongles listed on the NOW "ways to watch" link and shouldn't be confused with the Chromecast Dongles listed.

Until NOW decides to rollout more support to Google TV or Android TV devices then you will have to look at other workarounds such has casting from your mobile device to the Google Chromecast TV device.

Perhaps send NOW an email asking if there is any inbuilt NOW App support for these such devices on the horizon.

Here's their email address on the screen shot below taken from their NOW Twitter feed.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Some good news for Chromecast Google TV owners who are after the native NOW App on it.

Have a read of this internet link article below.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-now-tv-android-tv-chromecast/ 

The NOW App was rolled out on my Chromecast Google TV earlier today 😁.