cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Berora
Advocate

Changing broadband providers and watching NOW TV

Hello, 

I'm currently with TalkTalk for broadband and have their YouView box. I want to change broadband providers to get a cheaper deal elsewhere and assume the TalkTalk TV box would then stop working - is that correct, or would it still work as a generic TV box regardless of who is my ISP?

My TV does not have the internet connectivity, so assuming the TalkTalk TV box stops working once I leave them, what would I have to do to be able to watch NOW TV, please?

Thank you in advance for any advice you're able to share. 

Kind regards. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Berora 

The TalkTalk Youview box over the air terrestrial TV channels and recording of these TV channels should keep on working when you leave TalkTalk.

So should the Apps including the NOW App should the TalkTalk box currently show the NOW App available in it's Apps section.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Berora 

As long as you have a supported device listed in the link below and some form of internet service you’ll be good to go. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Berora 

The TalkTalk Youview box over the air terrestrial TV channels and recording of these TV channels should keep on working when you leave TalkTalk.

So should the Apps including the NOW App should the TalkTalk box currently show the NOW App available in it's Apps section.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Check your T&Cs with TalkTalk, in some cases they may require that you return the box, or pay a £50 fee if you fail to do so.