cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Change stream quality

Hi

I have a Samsung smart tv and am using the now app. I want to change the streaming quality, how do I do this?

Also, I see a “search and options” in the top right, but my remote cannot get there?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Derryck

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but you won't be able to change the streaming quality, where with a non NOW Boost Pass you will get 720p with a streaming figure of around 4830 and if you are using a 1080p Boost NOW Pass you will get a streaming figure around 7831.

With regards to the search, have you tried pressing the red button on your Samsung TV remote or a long hold press on the Enter or OK button on the remote.

If no luck, navigate down the bottom of the NOW home screen grid horizontal rows where there should be a separate search tile box to click on and use.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Schnapps

Thanks for that. I see that I have 4830 at the top right so I must have
720p. It buffered yesterday at one point and was just wondering. I guess
any lower would be undesirable anyway. It hasn't happened again, and my
line is the fastest in Ireland at 1gbps so shouldn't have a problem?

In terms of the search & options. Yes, yesterday I tried pressing the red
button and it gave me the options of search and tv guide. Now I see that
holding down the enter button produces the same options. I can't find a
way to the options part of "search and options"?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Derryck
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I was going to suggest subscribing to NOW HD Boost for an extra £3 per month if you wanted 1080p when watching NOW content, but i noticed you are based in Ireland.

Where the last time i checked Republic of Ireland customers can't currently get NOW Boost 😠.

For me i don't get problems with NOW buffering, but i use hard wired Ethernet on the majority of my internet connected devices, where my other devices that run over wifi have excellent wifi signal reception on them.