cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting problems

Hi
Have used now tv for a few months with mostly no problems but now any program I try and cast stoppes every few seconds and get the loading icon. Have not been able to watch anything for two days. Please help
13 REPLIES 13
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered with your Chromecast.

Can you please make sure that your Android device and the NOW TV app is up to date. 

You may want to also try resetting your Chromecast via the reset button on top of your device. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have the latest version of the app. Have reset my chrome cast a few times
now with no luck
This is driving me and my kids mad!
Any more suggestions please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this problem is still ongoing.

I know most of us power our Chromecasts directly from the USB port, however, plugging it into the power supply provided and running it off the mains current may help resolve the problem your having.

Hope that helps and gets you and the kids back to watching NOW TV.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

It is running from a external usb power source.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered. 

Can you please try resetting your router? 

Do you experience this issue with any other device? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can no longer use chrome cast with now TV. All I get is complete pixelation with normal sound. I have reset and reconfigured everything. Netflix works fine, but now TV just won't cast. Unless this is fixed I will be cancelling my subscription. Now tv works on my phone, casts an image to my tv, but when the programme starts 100% pixelation. Nothing I have tried will fix it, so over to you sky .
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Can you please let us know if the programme stays pixalated the whole way through or is it just at the beginning? 

Have you allowed the video to play out for a few minutes? 

Can you please try turning your router off and on again and reconnecting your chromecast? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have issues with my Now tv being pixelated when casting from my phone to my Chromecast.

I have tried all suggestions on this forum. I am at my witts end as I can no longer watch anything as it becomes pixelated intermitantly, but usually for about 75% of the time.

I am at the point where I will have to cancel my subscription as it has become unusable.

Regards

Ross

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It sounds very much like a wi fi issue to me.  I guess you've tried turning everything (inc. router) off & on at mains, also reset Chromecast?   It might be worth attaching the extension lead to the chromecast rather than plugging it straight into your TV - a slight change in location can often help things.