cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting button has disappeared

For the last two days I have been unable to cast from
My iOS app. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, reset my chromecast and made sure both are on the same network. Other apps cast perfectly well, but NowTV no longer appears to see the chromecast.
32 REPLIES 32
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
For the last two days I have been unable to cast from
My iOS app. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, reset my chromecast and made sure both are on the same network. Other apps cast perfectly well, but NowTV no longer appears to see the chromecast.

Hi @Anonymous User sorry for the dealy. Has your cast button magically reinstalled yet? Have you tried rebooting your router, restarting your phone and trying again? Have you updated your iOS version recently? 

Thanks 

Tony 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have literally just set up my new Chromecast following the guidance notes and waiting for the initial update to the latest software.    I downloaded the Google and Now TV app onto my Ipad Mini 4 and can play and cast any number of TV programmes from All4, BBC iPlayer, YouTube etc but the Casting icon is missing from the Now TV programmes and if on ocassion, it makes an appearance, when activated, it does nothing and the TV screen just reverts from screensaver to  "Ready for Casting".  That's it!

I have to say, I am very disappointedand unless I get this resolved before the free trail period expires it will be going back for a refund.

Grateful for any advice that might help get Now TV working as there are a lot of box sets waiting for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem with all my android devices, phones and tablets. Any suggestions would be appreciated as am paying monthly fee but not able to use it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem, the bottoms no longer there to cast. Have had to download Roco to use a remote. Now box an iPhone both on the same network. The now app have also disappeared off my home page, which means even with the Roco app i can’t watch now tv through the Now tv app. Which is ridiculous! Will be cancelling all subscriptions I’d this isn’t resolved as I can only watch now tv on my phone.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I can't help sorry about the loss of casting feature etc from the NowTV App when using your iPhone, where i don't own an iPhone (though a few forum members have reported this recently).

With regards to the new look NowTV home screen page on your box, with the missing dedicated NowTV App, then to reach the different NowTV categories on your NowTV box, navigate down the vertical grid to either the orange entertainment ticket box, purple cinema ticket box etc (depending on what NowTV Pass you have) and click on the coloured pass ticket tile box, which will then open the next screen page on your TV with different categories or options to watch with your NowTV pass or passes.

If you are not keen on that method, then go to Apps Store on your box, click the NowTV App, then click on "Go to App" which will then get you into the old style User Interface before NowTV updated the new look home screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you’re on iOS, then go to Settings -> NowTv and make sure that Local Network is switched on.

That worked for me, the cast icon in the NowTv app. magically came back. 🙄😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the chromecast icon has disappeared from my NOW TV App. I have checked all other apps (BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Channel 4 etc.) and they all have the icon and have no casting isssues.

This happens frequently with the NOW TV App, but previously reinstalling the App corrected the issue.

I have now reinstalled the App three times and the icon is still missing. Help please, as this is becoming very frustrating!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now tv on my phone and have just purchased chrome cast for my tv which is working fine however when I try to cast now tv it won't work as there is no icon to cast. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling but still nothing
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User I am assuming that you have your phone in WiFi mode not data mode?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.