cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting a NowTV stream from an iOS device to a YouView's Now TV APP

Hi,

i have Now TV apps on my iPad and on my Humax YouView box. 

With Netflix, I can transfer a stream from the iPad to the YouView box by going to the Cast icon and selecting youview, which then opens up the YouView's Netflix app.

could could casting to YouView boxes please be supported on on your apps?

cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi T

First, I'm nothing to do with Now TV other than being a customer.

Second, since Now TV has nothing to do with Netflix, it is therefore unlikely to accept any technical connection, whether possible or not, simply because such a connection would not be supported by either company.

Finally, there are copyright and inter-company cooperation issues would have to be sorted out first, which is again highly unlikely to happen.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

Hi UKbobby, 

i think you you missed what I was asking for.

i was just asking if NowTV could make their NowTV app on mobile devices recognize the YouView box, just as their NowTV mobile app recognizes Chromecast.

Netflix do this with their mobile app.. it would be good if the mobile NowTV app would also be able to transfer its stream to a YouView box in the same way Netflix and NowTV do so with Chromecast.

Tw34ker

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi T

Yes, it seems I have completely misunderstood what your were asking for, which was an extra facility, i.e. casting from a Now TV app, via a mobile, to a YouView box.

Sorry about that, I originally thought that you wanted some sort of communication/interface between Netflix and Now TV.

Well, on reflection, what you are asking for is feasible and, I guess, is down to how many other Now TV app users are requesting such a facility to make it worth Now TV's while to put up the development and support costs.

Good Luck with your request.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  no you cannot cast to YouView.  Please also note only movies are available on YouView.  You can only cast to Chromecast.

For  Airplay on IOS only Sports pass works. http://help.nowtv.com/article/Airplay-Mirroring-Apple-iOS

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.