cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

If Now TV called their YouView app Now Movies I would agree with this comment, but it is clearly called Now TV which it obviously 'ain't', so Sky are complicit in this deception and the complaints are valid.

zulu17
Scholar

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

The NOW TV 'Entertainment' (and NOW TV 'Sports') service(s) can't be accessed from a YouView/BT box primarily because the YouView/BT service offers the same channels via their own 'subscription' based platform...

"........................

I've not heard that explanation before...  would the Now Tv forum personal  care to confirm that that is the reason .. as it is different to what they have previously stated.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

zulu17 wrote:

I've not heard that explanation before...  would the Now Tv forum personal  care to confirm that that is the reason .. as it is different to what they have previously stated

Hi @zulu17,

That's really a question you should ask YouView, as it's their service/platform, not NOW TV's. But as I said, I suspect it's partly because the YouView/BT service offers the same channels via their own 'subscription based' platform (ie: YouView/BT make more money 'directly from their customers)...

For everyone else, perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you all: NOW TV shows that aren't available on YouView. I guess YouView/BT should make this particular issue more clear to their customers Smiley Surprised

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @zulu17

The reason that we give for our other content being unavailable on the Youview platform is due to rights restrictions , I don't know the exact reason but it could cover many things such as what @SeeMoreDigital has mentioned.

However from a legal point of view our terms and conditions do say the following

"Some content unavailable on some devices, see here."

If you click the link you can then look at our supported devices and you will see a section on that page regarding Youview.

"Watching NOW TV on YouView

You can use your YouView box to watch on demand movies with NOW TV.

Unfortunately live TV channels and on demand TV shows aren’t available on YouView due to rights restrictions."

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
heatherv8
Advocate

Hubby is into walking dead ,but it only seems to be on fox in uk,not amc, so just taken out the now tv entertainment package,and discovered via this forum that he cant watch it, 😞 :(, cant watch it on bt tv as they removed fox, so now hubby is gutted,hes waited months for this,and now cant watch it,The only tablets in the house are kindle ones, so cant watch it on that, why dont now tv tell you this before you take out the pass, glad I signed up for the free trial, off now to cancel it, ggrrrr

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@heatherv8

Welcome to the forum.

Whilst it doesn't help with entertainment not working on YouView boxes, you might want to consider the alternative of buying a Now TV box to watch on. You can buy the boxes with a bundle of 3 or 6 months entertainment which, after taking the price of the passes into account make the box free of charge and cheaper still.

The best prices at the moment look like Amazon where you can buy a box with 3 months for £18 and box with 6 months (which will see you through to the end of TWD S7) for £30.

0 Thanks
zulu17
Scholar

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@zulu17 wrote:

I've not heard that explanation before...  would the Now Tv forum personal  care to confirm that that is the reason .. as it is different to what they have previously stated

Hi @zulu17,

That's really a question you should ask YouView, as it's their service/platform, not NOW TV's. But as I said, I suspect it's partly because the YouView/BT service offers the same channels via their own 'subscription based' platform (ie: YouView/BT make more money 'directly from their customers)...

For everyone else, perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you all: NOW TV shows that aren't available on YouView. I guess YouView/BT should make this particular issue more clear to their customers Smiley Surprised

Cheers

So to clarify .. you only have suspicion and you are simply speculating. the Now Tv postition remains as it has for a couple of years that it is a rights issue. The reason that I feel it remains Now TV responsibility  to provide clear advertising and statements is that the customer contract and payments are directly to Now TV. 

Speculation is fine. Presenting speculation as fact is not.  

0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

@zulu17  http://www.youview.com/whats-on/ this link show further down the page Now TV.  As you will notice it only promotes Movies.    

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
zulu17
Scholar

Yes that is a Youview page and Youview own page does describe what Youview offer.

if only Now Tv own advertisements and promotions were as clear as Youview's.

Youview for example promote the Sky Movie pass on demand but not any other component as being available ( and they are not selling the subscription ) whereas NowTV promote the full range with unavailability disclaimers at best in small print and often only listed by accessing secondary points of information  (and they sell the subscription and enter into the contract with the customer)

Given the number of years that have passed it is surprising  that  a more complete on demand service has not yet been provided to Now Tv subscribers on that platform , and indeed that the existing service remains at a fixed SD resolution 

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@zulu17 wrote:

Given the number of years that have passed it is surprising  that  a more complete on demand service has not yet been provided to Now Tv subscribers on that platform , and indeed that the existing service remains at a fixed SD resolution 

As I mentioned before, YouView offer (more or less the same channels as NOW TV via) their own subscription platform.

I seriously doubt that YouView will ever allow NOW TV to run their subscription service in full on their set-top box as well as their own subscription service. As such an implementation would greatly reduce YouView's income!

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •