cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hi,

I just signed up to Now TV Entertainment and have a YouView DTR-T2000.

However, the On Demand App only offers Movies (much like the Sky Store app alongside it) - but not the contents of the Entertainment package.

I've left it for a day to see if it's an account clearance thing - but no joy.

I understand streaming of live channels doesn't work, but what about the 250 box sets I've signed up for?

What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The rights restrictions are in place because up until now Nowtv have technically been unable to put the live linear channels on the Youview box. In other words the Youview box simply didn't have the technical ability to stream them.

However there may now be light at the end of the tunnel. Youview have put out a statement recently on their forum saying that the technical work to allow IP channels such as the Nowtv ones, has been "significantly advanced". As a public statement that reads very positively.

It's likely that the only barrier now to the live linear channels and therefore the full licensed Nowtv app on Youview is a commercial agreement between the 2 companies. Something I believe both companies want.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good news as at present it is silly. I have to fire up the xbox to watch TV shows even though theres an app on my Tv box for it.

No app on Kindle Fire either, but there is a SkyGo app.....?!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Somehow you've managed to submit your post within the 'YouView Device' area of the forum.

If you require help with your Xbox, the best place to ask your questions is within either the Xbox 360 or Xbox One areas of the forum.

Cheers and good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

As my youview box won't stream the tv (only movies) I have to use my xbox. This is annoying that was my point.

Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello again @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV 'Entertainment' (and NOW TV 'Sports') service(s) can't be accessed from a YouView/BT box primarily because the YouView/BT service offers the same channels via their own 'subscription' based platform...

If you're unhappy with this arrangement I suggest you direct your complaints to YouView!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I appreciate you taking the time to reply but sky provide the app, so I came here for some clarification. Seems reasonable to me.

And yes, i have also contacted youview.

No reply needed thank you. I wasn't necessarily requesting feedback from sky thanks, just commenting on another customers post.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If Now TV called their YouView app Now Movies I would agree with this comment, but it is clearly called Now TV which it obviously 'ain't', so Sky are complicit in this deception and the complaints are valid.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

The NOW TV 'Entertainment' (and NOW TV 'Sports') service(s) can't be accessed from a YouView/BT box primarily because the YouView/BT service offers the same channels via their own 'subscription' based platform...

"........................

I've not heard that explanation before...  would the Now Tv forum personal  care to confirm that that is the reason .. as it is different to what they have previously stated.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

zulu17 wrote:

I've not heard that explanation before...  would the Now Tv forum personal  care to confirm that that is the reason .. as it is different to what they have previously stated

Hi @Anonymous User,

That's really a question you should ask YouView, as it's their service/platform, not NOW TV's. But as I said, I suspect it's partly because the YouView/BT service offers the same channels via their own 'subscription based' platform (ie: YouView/BT make more money 'directly from their customers)...

For everyone else, perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you all: NOW TV shows that aren't available on YouView. I guess YouView/BT should make this particular issue more clear to their customers Smiley Surprised

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've not heard that explanation before...  would the Now Tv forum personal  care to confirm that that is the reason .. as it is different to what they have previously stated

Hi @Anonymous User,

That's really a question you should ask YouView, as it's their service/platform, not NOW TV's. But as I said, I suspect it's partly because the YouView/BT service offers the same channels via their own 'subscription based' platform (ie: YouView/BT make more money 'directly from their customers)...

For everyone else, perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you all: NOW TV shows that aren't available on YouView. I guess YouView/BT should make this particular issue more clear to their customers Smiley Surprised

Cheers

So to clarify .. you only have suspicion and you are simply speculating. the Now Tv postition remains as it has for a couple of years that it is a rights issue. The reason that I feel it remains Now TV responsibility  to provide clear advertising and statements is that the customer contract and payments are directly to Now TV. 

Speculation is fine. Presenting speculation as fact is not.