cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hi,

I just signed up to Now TV Entertainment and have a YouView DTR-T2000.

However, the On Demand App only offers Movies (much like the Sky Store app alongside it) - but not the contents of the Entertainment package.

I've left it for a day to see if it's an account clearance thing - but no joy.

I understand streaming of live channels doesn't work, but what about the 250 box sets I've signed up for?

What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where did you hear before Christmas ? 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately, you can only watch on demand movies on Youview hardware. This is due to a mixture of content rights/restrictions and technical limitations on the Youview platform. Now TV are only able to show/have entertainment content on a device if that device can access the nowTV  live channels. There are currently technical limitations on the Youview platform, which prevent access to the now TV live channels.

All of the devices are able to access entertainment. 

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

sorry I know that's not what you wanted to hear Smiley Sad

EDIT: @Andy beats me again Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks chaps.

Shame - it is not at ALL clear from the Now TV site that this is the case.

I'll try with chromecast. Bit of an own goal, but if that works as well as Netflix, then that's fine.. But Netflix works fine from my YouView box so this would be the only ondemand or live tv service I need a separate device for. 😕

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

The 'Watch on loads of devices' section at the bottom of the www.nowtv.com homepage says:

"Watch on your NOW TV Box, Chromecast, PS4™, PS3™, Xbox One, Xbox®360, Roku, YouView, LG

Smart TV, PC or Mac, Mobile*, Tablet and more."

There's an asterisk next to 'Mobile*' which is clarified in the 'legal bit' section.  Maybe there should also be a double asterisk next to 'Youview**' to clarify that only on demand movies are available via Youview.

It should probably also be updated so there isn't a line break between 'LG' and 'Smart TV' because at the moment it could be read as meaning that Now TV is available on any Smart TV.

NowTV2.jpg

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gents,

Just thought I'd reiterate Kevin's sentiments, here. It seems like an incredibly convoluted process to be able to view the sport on telly!  Have done this once in the past, but because my memory is awful, I'd forgotten how many hoops I had to jump through.

Anyway, I've just remembered that I ended up having to stream it from my computer which was hooked up via HDMI to the telly.  However, just one more small hoop:

(FAILURE trying to upload an image - was a screenshot of a message saying that Google Chrome no longer supports playback for NOW TV.  Download either Firefox or IE.  Brilliant.  Thanks.)

Also, one more small point (which people with a better attention to detail than me might already know); the £6.99 for the one day sports package IS NOT HD.

Kind regards, gents.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

....Also, one more small point (which people with a better attention to detail than me might already know); the £6.99 for the one day sports package IS NOT HD.

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User,

Depending on the device you use to access the Sports channels via the NOW TV service, the maximum resolution is 1280x720p. Which is HD.

Sufficed to say, I watch various F1 races on my 60" LG television (which offer the NOW TV app, built-in) and it looks very good indeed.

EDIT: It maybe worth pointing out that the NOW TV service does not offer any 'red button' or 'on demand' options. You just get access to the main Sky Sports channels.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey folks, same problem. How do I get the chromecast working? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry guys but this is pretty poor, who is being poor is the key. I have Now TV movies working fine through my You View set top box, no problem there. I signed up for the free 14 day trial of Now TV Entertainment only to find I can't view it through You View (technical difficulties). I also have Netflix which includes TV, I am going to choose to cancel either Netflix or Now TV - seems redundant to have both. I prefer Now TV but if all I can get thru YV is movies then bye bye Now TV. I don't watch on any other device, only my TV thru YV.

How is it that Netflix manages to show TV programmes through You View and you can't?

Unless its true - I suggest you change the message on You View help which suggests you are working with You View to allow TV channels SOON.

Jeff S

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User NOW TV can only show their boxsets as part of deals signed for Live TV content. However YouView required live TV channels to use multicast which NOW TV don't support. These two different contracts cause the technical difficulties.

Thanks for reminding me of why this situation is so @Anonymous User

Like @Anonymous User we have a Humax BT T21x0 PVR, which is a decent enough box, and would also like to use it for the full range of NOW TV services. But I'm not holding my breath on that happening anytime soon! 😞