cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot sign in on my Roku

I've been using (and paying) for nowtv for a while. Today, my roku device signed me out of Nowtv, and would accept my username or password. I set up a new account, which I can sign into on my iPhone but my roku keeps saying my username and password are incorrect. Any ideas please?????
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I can sign on to my iPhone my PCs but my now TVs black box won't let me go past the signing bit I have tried everything from factory reset, reset button on the back of box, new password, new account, update the box the only thing I haven't tried is smashing it if the WALL maybe that my fix it 8weeks I have had this problem and you don't forget to take money from my bank account worst thing regarding tv I have. Ever bought total garbage
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when signing into your NOW TV Box. 

Can you please let us know if you receive a specific error message? Are you able to try resetting your NOW TV Box via the reset button on the back? 

Can you please also let us know if you have been able to sign in and play out on your PC?

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have no problem with my Roku 3 or my pc but I have just added a Roku 2 in another room and can't get the sign-in page. Just the 3 pages advertising the different channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User after passing the third advert you should be able to use the app as per the Roku 3. Have you tried restarting the box, and if you are still have issues removing then readding the NOW TV app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you everything is now working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, just wondering if there is a resolution to this problem? I also have a Now TV branded Roku box, used to work without issue, now I cannot sign in despite my account details being entered correctly.
Error message is displayed telling me my account details are incorrect. Have tried the usual options of hard reset, password changes, moving the box closer to the router, but no change.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...Error message is displayed telling me my account details are incorrect. 

Hi @Anonymous User,

Have you checked that your credit/debit card details are upto date?

If you continue having 'account details' issues you will need to contact a NOW TV representative.

You'll find it easier to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to watch a programme on more 4 but it now says you have to sign in, So I googled this Roku an it wants bank details, I'm not happy with this I just want to watch catch up programmes that i have missed, I've had now TV for 5 years and I've never had to sign in before why start making life difficult for people,So my question is do I have to sign up with Roku an put in my bank details just so I can watch a programme I have missed If so WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have a Roku or NOW TV branded box?

NOW TV branded devices do require you to create a NOW TV account when you first set them up.

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platform are entirely controlled by the service provider. So if things have changed with the All4 app, you'll have to take your issue up with Channel 4.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue happened to me, (a customer like everyone else) on my now TV box, I tried everything even taking back to factory reset without success so I followed the procedure to get in touch and chatted online. It seems our ip address is blocked. I could login via my phone on mobile data but not through my router using my ip address! Said I needed to contact my internet provider, I found this strange. When I tried again in the morning after several days of trying....it's all working and now TV updated everything adding new apps including Netflix.  

I hope you all can get the situation sorted.