cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsunguser1
Mentor

Cannot load sign in screen on Samsung tv

I recently bought a Samsung tv and I cannot sign into my account

i can open the app, enter my username and password. I can then enter the verification code and after I submit this, I presents me with a sign in button. When I press this, I get a message saying it cannot load the sign in screen and to try again later

i have tried to reinstall the now app, reset the tv to factory settings but it’s the same issue each time 

the app version is 7.9.2(1.0.8)

this is very frustrating because the reason I got a Samsung tv was for the built in apps so I wouldn’t have to plug in a firestick 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Samsunguser1
Mentor

I just managed to accidentally fix this 

I noticed the tv couldn’t download apps like bbc iplayer and itv hub etc so I contacted Samsung support to ask why

they troubleshooted and even though I set the tv up in the uk region, my internet settings thought the tv was in another country

Samsung then took control and allowed me to change the internet settings to uk

so the issue was that Now, bbc itv etc were all geo blocked 

in summary, if you see the unable to load sign in error, contact Samsung support and ask them to check the region the internet is in 

hope it helps someone else 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Samsunguser1 

Have you tried to unplug your router for a few minutes? 

Can I assume the model of TV is newer than 2015? 
My suggestion would be to report the fault with NOW. You can either do live chat or email support.

Live chat by clicking “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Email address for support is in the below picture.

B00EF499-3404-44AB-B723-2564699C7709.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Samsunguser1
Mentor

Yeah I have tried that. It doesn’t make sense to me because the tv is online and I can sign into other apps like Netflix. I am trying live chat now to see if I can get some support 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Samsunguser1 

If the model is 2015 and older I hate to tell you that the app is going to become unsupported. Meaning you’ll need to use your Amazon fire stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Samsunguser1
Mentor

I just checked and it is a 2020 model

Samsunguser1
Mentor

I just managed to accidentally fix this 

I noticed the tv couldn’t download apps like bbc iplayer and itv hub etc so I contacted Samsung support to ask why

they troubleshooted and even though I set the tv up in the uk region, my internet settings thought the tv was in another country

Samsung then took control and allowed me to change the internet settings to uk

so the issue was that Now, bbc itv etc were all geo blocked 

in summary, if you see the unable to load sign in error, contact Samsung support and ask them to check the region the internet is in 

hope it helps someone else