cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot find TV Apps via inbuilt Now TV app on Samsung Smart TV

Hi All 

I am watching Now TV via the inbuilt app on my Samsung Smart TV, but cannot find any of the TV apps (ie. ITV, BBCi etc) : Any idea where they can be found or are these only available through the Now TV box/stick?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All  @gavs82008 @ukbobboy @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Got responses from All4 and Samsung:

All4:

We appreciate you contacting us with your query. At the moment, the Watch Live function can only be accessed via our website, through our iOS app, certain Android devices, Now TV/Roku and the Amazon Firestick due to licensing agreements. However, Channel 4 is committed to improving and expanding the All4 service, and look to expand the Watch live function continuously.

Samsung:

Live streaming isn't available on the app for Samsung TVs at present but I believe it's something we're working on.

Thanks all for your responses

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Gavs

As you can see, there's nothing strange about an app on one platform having certain facilities while the same app on another platform does not.

As JayCee has conclusively found out, and I had guessed, it's all down to what agreement's been reached between platform holders and the app makers.  For example, a platform holder may not want all the facilities an app has to offer or want to commit the required hardware resources needed.

Either way, technical, commercial and legal problems, etc. are hammered out and agreed upon once confidential negotiations are completed between the companies concerned.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

“Why would anyone want to watch live programmes on All4 and My5 apps on a TV that has the actual real live channels available?“

This question may have coloured the perceptions of Channels 4 and 5 as to the value of providing live channels in their Samsung apps 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Couple of reasons i can think of straight off the bat.

1. No TV aerial in the Room that the television is located.

2. Poor Freeview reception via a TV aerial.

3. Useful if your TV aerial installation is a bit ropey or your television aerial has blown down or moved direction during a storm.

I don't tend to use the main four terrestrial Apps much, apart from Flim 4 on the All 4 App which is streamed in HD (pretty decent picture to my eyes) compared to Flim 4 over Freeview which is poor SD.

I am sure there are other reasons, where regular live TV App users will enlighten you more.

RoyB
Legend

Oh hell, I know a couple 😀

You're in Spain, and the UK TV signal does not reach;

You are on a Freeview Lite transmitter, and you watch to watch one of the more obscure channels that C4 and C5 put out that Freeview Lite doesn’t carry;

Used to be that if you didn’t have a decent aerial, there wasn’t a lick of sense in having a TV. Video Rental turned out to be the thin end of a very fat wedge 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have asked them both - waiting for a response

Thanks for your reply 

😀