cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot find TV Apps via inbuilt Now TV app on Samsung Smart TV

Hi All 

I am watching Now TV via the inbuilt app on my Samsung Smart TV, but cannot find any of the TV apps (ie. ITV, BBCi etc) : Any idea where they can be found or are these only available through the Now TV box/stick?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All  @gavs82008 @ukbobboy @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Got responses from All4 and Samsung:

All4:

We appreciate you contacting us with your query. At the moment, the Watch Live function can only be accessed via our website, through our iOS app, certain Android devices, Now TV/Roku and the Amazon Firestick due to licensing agreements. However, Channel 4 is committed to improving and expanding the All4 service, and look to expand the Watch live function continuously.

Samsung:

Live streaming isn't available on the app for Samsung TVs at present but I believe it's something we're working on.

Thanks all for your responses

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have samsung smart tv press the button thats is shape of house on your remote then

and a bar come at bottom of screen press on 4wee box at bottom of screen then your into the app store

press the ok button your good to go

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have the apps on my TV, but My5 and All4 are not showing live TV.  When I used the NowTV stick I could access live TV via the apps, so was hoping to access via Now TV but there is no option.   It more annoying than an issue.  Thanks for your reply 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What is the full model number of your Samsung Smart TV ?

Where not all Smart TV's cover all the main UK Apps such has My 5, All 4 etc.

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV but when you go into the Samsung Apps Store on the television and use the search feature for Apps, does My 5 (Demand 5) or All 4 come up in the search results ?

The NowTV Boxes or Stick under the NowTV App only provides NowTV content, where third Party Apps such has BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My 5 etc are separate Apps entirely which are added to NowTV branded devices with an agreement in place between NowTV and the third party App developers / providers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Yes I have the apps but All4 and My5 dont play live tv for some reason

Seems to be an ongoing issue

Sorry for some reason the subject title had been changed previously and was saying I couldn't find the TVapps : its just the live TV bit thats the issue not the apps

Thanks for responding

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Like i said i don't own a Samsung Smart TV and don't know if live TV channels are available on the All 4 or My5 Apps are dependent on the model number of your Samsung TV or is universal across all Samsung Smart TV's that have these two Apps.

Maybe post the model number of your Samsung Smart TV on here (so a Samsung owner with the similar or same model can confirm either way).

Or reach out to Samsung UK Support or All4 & My5 and ask them the question directly.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi JayCee

Just a small point, you know that app makers have to negotiate with individual platform holders before that app can actually appear.  However, not all platform holders are going to want all the features on offer on their particular platform.

So, at a guess, whereas Now TV will want a full featured All 4, My5, etc. apps on it's platform, it's quite possible that Samsung does not.   

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy 

That does seem to be the issue

Thanks for responding

😀

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @ukbobboy @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Just to throw my thoughts into the mix. I have an LG TV and I can confirm that All4 and My5 have not been updated similar to Amazon or Roku to include the Live channel streaming. 

Not sure if it purely down to All4/My5 or the Smart TV side of things. 

It is very odd considering iPlayer and ITV hub you can watch Live on any device. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All  @gavs82008 @ukbobboy @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Got responses from All4 and Samsung:

All4:

We appreciate you contacting us with your query. At the moment, the Watch Live function can only be accessed via our website, through our iOS app, certain Android devices, Now TV/Roku and the Amazon Firestick due to licensing agreements. However, Channel 4 is committed to improving and expanding the All4 service, and look to expand the Watch live function continuously.

Samsung:

Live streaming isn't available on the app for Samsung TVs at present but I believe it's something we're working on.

Thanks all for your responses