cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t watch sky sports news!

Hi, first post on here!

Why is it that I can watch all other sky sports channels on my LG TV but not sky sports news?

I can watch it on my other LG TV’s in the house but not my main TV!

All I get us a very pixelated mostly green screen.

I’ve been on live chat but with no luck?

Any help would be good. 👍🏻

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe try unplugging the power to the LG television for around 2 minutes to see if that makes any improvements.

The next thing i would try is a reboot on your Router and if using wifi maybe try a different wifi channel or maybe change from 2.4ghz to 5ghz or vice versa if you are using a dual band Router.

It using Ethernet, then maybe temporary test over wifi instead if the room where the LG TV is located can get a decent wifi reception.

After that maybe try a fresh NOW App download on your television.

I don't own an LG to see if the Sky Sports News channel is a problem or not

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe try unplugging the power to the LG television for around 2 minutes to see if that makes any improvements.

The next thing i would try is a reboot on your Router and if using wifi maybe try a different wifi channel or maybe change from 2.4ghz to 5ghz or vice versa if you are using a dual band Router.

It using Ethernet, then maybe temporary test over wifi instead if the room where the LG TV is located can get a decent wifi reception.

After that maybe try a fresh NOW App download on your television.

I don't own an LG to see if the Sky Sports News channel is a problem or not

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

LG TVs green-screen when they can’t make any sense of the incoming signal.

Is Sky Sports News only available with a Sports Membership? I’ve got several LG TVs I can try it on, but I don’t have a Sports Pass, if that’s needed here 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

That’s one of the channels you just need an active membership which doesn’t need to be sports. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Good-oh, I’ll have a look tomorrow then.

Doesn't sound like a widespread problem though, or else the Community would have lit up about it…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Hi buddy.  Yes, it’s on sky sports package but very bizarrely it works on 3 other LG TV’s in the house!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, do you still have the issue? My skysports news and skysports football channels are the same on my LG TV. All over channels like main event work. Reset the router and reinstalled the app and still the same.