cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch Box Sets on YouView?

Hi everyone.  I've just started using Now TV for the 'Entertainment' option.  I mainly want to watch TV box sets like Game of Thrones or Boardwalk Empire.  I was expecting that I could watch these on my regular TV with my 'set-top box', which is from BT YouView.  It comes preloaded with a NowTV player app, so I was expecting this to be easy.  But as far as I can see, I can't play box sets using YouView, just a selection of films, most of which I have either seen already or don't want to see.  Fortunately I find I can watch TV box sets on my laptop, but this is not ideal for either sound or vision.  Am I missing some way of watching them with YouView, or is there some copyright restriction or some other problem?

3 REPLIES 3
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi everyone.  I've just started using Now TV for the 'Entertainment' option.  I mainly want to watch TV box sets like Game of Thrones or Boardwalk Empire.  I was expecting that I could watch these on my regular TV with my 'set-top box', which is from BT YouView.  It comes preloaded with a NowTV player app, so I was expecting this to be easy.  But as far as I can see, I can't play box sets using YouView, just a selection of films, most of which I have either seen already or don't want to see.  Fortunately I find I can watch TV box sets on my laptop, but this is not ideal for either sound or vision.  Am I missing some way of watching them with YouView, or is there some copyright restriction or some other problem?

That's very  odd @Anonymous User the entertainment pass should now be fully available on YouView. The only thing you won't get on YouView at this point is subtitle support, but I think that has something to do with the way youview it self handles subtitles

What you viewbox model do you have? You can get this information by going to device information in the settings menu. From here you should also be able to check what you view software version you have. According to YouView the latest software version for BT hardware is

32.45.0/3.6 .190

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7605874/bt-software-update-32-45-0-3-6-190

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.  My YouView box is a model DTRT 2110.  Using that I can log on to NowTV, but all I can see is a choice of 100 Sky Cinema Movies, and no obvious way of getting anything else.  I can watch other things on my laptop, but I would prefer to watch them on the larger TV screen if I can.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to say the problem seems to have sorted itself out.  I got a prompt from my YouView box to download a new version of YouView, and after I did this I found I could get the full range of TV programmes using the NowTV app. on my TV.  

I don't know how often YouView update their software (not just the channel settings).  As far as I recall this is the first time in the 2 years or so since I got the YouView box.

If anyone else has the same problem it might be worth checking whether there is any way of getting a software update yourself without waiting for a prompt.

Btw, although I got connected in the end, I did have trouble logging in to NowTV on my TV screen.  When it asked me to sign in it didn't display a keyboard on screen, and I spent some time trying to enter my details using the alphanumeric key pad on my remote (with no effect) until by chance I pressed 'OK', and then a keyboard immediately appeared on screen, and worked.