cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t view my passes

Why can’t I watch all my passes on my tv youview box I can only view my cinema pass

5 REPLIES 5
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

The reason you can only see your cinema pass on your Youview box, @Anonymous User, is because that’s the only pass supported on Youview boxes. BT/Talk-Talk are supposed to be allowing other Now TV passes on their boxes later this year. However, if your box is a retail one, noone, to my knowledge, knows if retail boxes will ever be allowed access to the full range of Now TV passes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I’m having that problem too. Next questions: 

a) why hasn’t this been sorted? 

b) why isn’t this stated clearly on the Now TV website/ ads b4 we buy? 

I feel cheated. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User To answer your questions in order

1. As I said, BT are supposed to be allowing all passes on Youview later this year.

2. Now TV do publish a list of compatible devices, which I’m sure is available when buying a pass, either directly from the purchase page or via the FAQs.

RoyB
Legend

@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

@Anonymous User To answer your questions in order

1. As I said, BT are supposed to be allowing all passes on Youview later this year.

2. Now TV do publish a list of compatible devices, which I’m sure is available when buying a pass, either directly from the purchase page or via the FAQs.

Lots of people seem to be unaware the YouView boxes only offer NowTV Movies at the moment. Indeed they also seem to be unaware that they are watching a YouView box at all, most starting their posts with ‘My TV.......’

While this is a considerable tribute to the seamless YouView experience, it equally shows the considerable barrier to getting the information across to people; firstly, they need to be aware that they are using YouView at all, and then that there are limitations on it.

But digging down a fair way on the NowTV site, looking for device descriptions, you get this.

9C57CC16-6B20-4F23-B195-6A4F95B9B6D3.png

Which mentions YouView, and warns against the T1000 box you can no longer use; but only when clicked through do you get the second caveat that it only includes Movies.

I would say that the chance of anyone with a YouView box finding the Movies caveat as currently presented before trying to use it to watch an Entertainment Pass are close to zero.

So I think NowTV need to publish this caveat, very clearly, at the point of purchase of Entertainment passes, wherever possible.

Paradoxically, this situation will get worse, not better, when some YouView boxes have Entertainment, and others not.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv take your money regardless of whether or not they provide you with what they took your money for.

Worst customer service ever experienced, they literally are unable to fix faults of their own making.