cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichieRich
Advocate

Can’t view Sky Cinema channels

Hi I have recently (December) subscribed to NowTV Cinema Boost for 6 months @ £4.9o per month via Talk Talk but when I try to watch a Live film a message says I have to subscribe and pay £9.99 per month. Why can’t I see just see the film channels I’m already paying for? What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RichieRich 

Are you watching the live channels via the NOW App and not the EPG if Talk Talk boxes still have Sky Cinema under their main EPG which won't work with a NOW Membership.

If you are correctly going via the NOW App, then double check you are correctly signed in on the bottom grid row of the screen via the My Account tile box.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RichieRich 

Are you watching the live channels via the NOW App and not the EPG if Talk Talk boxes still have Sky Cinema under their main EPG which won't work with a NOW Membership.

If you are correctly going via the NOW App, then double check you are correctly signed in on the bottom grid row of the screen via the My Account tile box.

RichieRich
Advocate

Hi @schnapps 

I’m watching through the Now Tv app. I can view the Entertainment channels such as Sky Atlantic, Gold, Comedy, etc. but not the movie channels. So it think I am logged in ( I can’t see a log in grid at the bottom). I’ve just checked my Now Cinema welcome email from Talk Talk (received Dec 22nd) at says just sit back and log in on any device (up to 6 devices, one at a time). I’m sure I watched You, Me and Dupree on a cinema channel over Christmas and intended watching Ambulance on Sky Action tonight at 8pm but it won’t let me without  buying membership at £9.99 when I try to click “watch Live” or “watch on demand” 🤔 Below that message it says: Cinema membership auto-renews @ £9.99 per month unless you're on an offer. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RichieRich 

Are both the NOW Entertainment and NOW Cinema TV Membership both on the same account with Talk Talk ?

Can you watch a NOW On Demand Movie via the NOW App on your Talk Talk box ?

Have you got any other NOW supported playback devices to test both your NOW Entertainment & NOW Cinema Membership on ?

With regards to your Talk Talk box, the only thing I can suggest is try signing out of the NOW App under My Account located at the bottom of the NOW App home screen, then unplug the power to the Talk Talk box for a minute or two, then restart the box, sign back into the NOW App and then see if the live Sky Cinema channels play from the App.

If you have the new Talk Talk Android box, see if there is an option to update the App or try a fresh App download.

RichieRich
Advocate

I was wanting to watch the movie on my LG to via my Talk Talk box through the Now to App in the On Demand section.

The Now Entertainment and Cinema package were added to my Talk Talk account on December 22nd as I thought a few extra channels over Christmas and the next 6 months at a discounted £4.95 offer was a fair deal. 

I’ve just downloaded the Now App to my iPad and logged in on that. It’s saying NO devices are currently connected and yet I can see programs on the entertainment channels on the tv! Which I couldn’t before the 22nd.

I’ll try viewing a movie on my iPad and report back!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RichieRich 

If you can get the NOW App running on the iPad (to sign into your account on the NOW App see if there is a gear wheel icon towards the top of the main App home screen to reach the My Account section to log your account details into it).

Then pick a movie on Demand and add to My TV Watchlist, play the movie for around 5 minutes also.

Then jump back to your Talk Talk box and see if under either the Continue Watching or Watchlist grid rows the movie gets added to your Talk Talk box and plays from there.

RichieRich
Advocate

Aha! Solved it. I did what you suggested and watch 5 minutes of Operation Mincemeat on the iPad then went back to my tv/TalK Talk box. This time it showed the log in details (these haven’t been there all evening until just now!) so I relogged in and Hey Presto………I have the movie channels again 😁👍

Thank you so much for your help and perseverance, we got there in the end 😎👍

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RichieRich 

Glad you got it sorted 👍.

RichieRich
Advocate

Ok, I’ve tried watching on my iPad and it successfully connected without click ant Buy Now hints and started playing. Supposedly, if I connect on another device it will disconnect on the previous device, so I tried connecting with the tv but still wouldn’t. I’ve searched the tv app and there is nowhere to log in or out but, as I say, the entertainment channels are connected and do play without any bother. 
i will ring Talk Talk tomorrow and let them sort it out or I will cancel the the Now tv membership and make do with Freeview and Netflix as I have in the past for many years.

Thanks very much for your help 👍

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RichieRich 

Does the movie Ambulance play via on Demand instead of live ?

Easiest way to find it is when on the NOW App, press the red option button (if you have a Youview older style box) and use the search option.