cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't use Sky sports pass on Bt youview box

I can't seem to access the sky sports channels on the Bt you view box. I have a pass that I can use on my iPhone and PC but not Youview
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not available on YouView full stop. BT, TalkTalk or vanilla.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post. 

You can view NOW TV Movies on any YouView Box, but Sports can only be accessed on Talk Talk YouView. 

Currently we don't offer Entertainment on YouView but we hope to do so at some point in the future. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just bought week pass for sky sports to use on bt youview, it wont work although al the pre adverts say you view is supported except for talk talk,  so why does mine not work..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not available on YouView full stop. BT, TalkTalk or vanilla.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks shame the convenient truth is clear when signing up.......... conned!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am so disappointed with the NOW TV set up. I purchased a £7.99 Pass for the Sports section and opened an account.Then tried to download a football match------------------impossible!!!!???? So I contacted Now tv and was told that I could not use the Now tv system to view a live sports programme. Why was I not told about this when I ordered the sports pass ????? 

I was then sent a link for help and advice. When I used the link, the screen stated that this was not available -------------what sort of company is this!!!!!

When I googled for the best type of device to use with BT YOUVIEW I found out that such a device cannot be used with BT YOUVIEW ------------------only with TALK TALK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ButeGuyIslander 

I see there is some confusion in regards to the NowTV offered services.  I am not sure if you have seen other answers in this forum but I will just post a couple of notes which may help you. 

Firstly, NowTV programmes whether Cinema - Movies pass, Entertainment - TV pass or Sports pass none of these are available for downloading in other words you have to watch via a device directly using  one of their boxes etc... With the Movies channel (Cinema) and the TV Programmes (Entertainment) you are able to watch these at your leisure as programmes are available continuously.  However, with the sports you have to watch the programme 'Live' therefore if a football match has a 3pm kick-off for example you will have to logging and watch that game at 3pm on the day. 

Also they now have one box which has the feature of pausing live sports but this is only for upto 30 minutes - For making a cup of tea and grabbing a biscuit I guess!  This is the 1080p HD Box Which is the wider and flatter box with 'Blue - NOW TV - on the top I believe the official description is: 'NOW TV HD Smart TV Box' I shall attempt to post a link to Currys which sells for approx £30 

Also available is the newer NOW TV Smart stick for approx £15 but I am not sure if it's at the same level of HD or if it's a 720p device and I don't believe you can pause this product - One gets what one pays for generally in life!

NOW TV HD Smart TV Box

Ebay has a wide choice of 2nd hand and brand new boxes for your pleasure.  

The Nowtv app on YouView box to my understanding can only screen Cinema (movies) and Entertainment (Nowtv tv programmes) but I believe you would have to logging online pc/tablet etc and add your Cinema pass and/or Entertainment pass prior to returning to the YouView box to view programmes - Not Sports.  

Lastly if you take your time on ebay you'll be able to pick up a box rather cheaply but I have 3 boxes 2 of which are the HD Smart TV Box.  Do bare in mind that when you purchase a new box they generally are supplied with a pass of your choosing so if you're only interested in using your sports pass you don't need to pay for a box that has 6 months movie pass for instance! 

Hope this helps in a small way... 

StanDMan...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When wil the BT YouView box be working.  I am unable to use NOWTV sports for this reason.

PETBO

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We don't have any plans to have Sky Sports available on YouView at the moment, this is due to YouView's Live TV restrictions. 

You can however use any other supported device.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

does the nowtv work on IPAD?