cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't unlink old Now account on Sony

My Sony TV has stored my old Now account from 2 years ago. It keeps reverting to it even though I have overwritten the logins with my new ones every time I have switched on for the last 4 days. I have tried changing it in MyBT too but that has an uneditable field which again holds my old account login.

I have tried deleting my old Now account from within the Now website and app but can't find how to do it, it just keeps sending me to Memberships (of which there are none).

From memory this poor navigation is why I gave up on Now previously. Can anyone give me an idea how to make this all less painful, I have signed up for a month and already sick of it!

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It keeps reverting to it even though I have overwritten the logins with my new ones every time I have switched on for the last 4 days

When you say this, what do you mean by overwriting the login?
Are you in the app scrolling all the way to the bottom to the row of options and going to “my account”? In there you can log out and then log back in with the correct details. 

As for deleting an account, the only way to do this is by emailing support. Using the address in the below picture.

EDD38E2B-6223-4F4F-BF2B-2382F79475BC.jpeg

You can also clear the app data and cache which will automatically log out you of the app.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00202472

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Somebody had a similar experience using their BT TV box also (see linked thread below).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Removing-a-device-shouldn-t-be-so-infuriating/m-p/588256#M16314 

Because BT TV has been mentioned on both threads I would be also tempted to jump over to the BT TV Community forum to see if it has been reported over there also.

Sorry I haven't got any suggestions you could try.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

This seems to be a stunt that BT pull, and it sounds like you have this Now account through BT.

You will have to ask BT to unlink or delete the Now account so this doesn’t keep happening.

In general, if you have Now via BT, you need to go to them for help - the Now team can’t touch a Now account controlled by BT, and we on this Community, members like yourself, can only advise you to do that.

Not that we are being unhelpful, you understand, we will try to help you as much as we can; but BT lock you into your account (and I can see exactly why they would do that) and only they can unlock it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.