cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't remove subtitles

I am watching Gold on an LG TV using the Now TV app.  This morning every programme (and some adverts) appear to be being broadcast with subtitles.  I can't find a way to turn them off.  No other channels are affected. I have checked the TV settings and subtitles are off.  There are no settings options that I can see in the app to turn them off.  Can anyone help?

• LG
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 thank you! The subtitles have gone now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can’t remove subtitles on any movie I watch even though it says they are turned off

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback device are you using, where you can't switch off the subtitles when watching NowTV movies ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

I’m using an Apple TV 4K with NOW TVs new app. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own an Apple 4K device, so i won't be much help if you have already done the basic stuff like, go into the NowTV movie by pressing the pause or info button to bring up the on screen menu and see if the bubble speech icon is highlighted or not.

See if there is anything in the Apple TV box settings under Captions that needs changing.

Maybe try a power down reboot of the box or a fresh NowTV App download if you haven't done these above items already.

Hopefully an Apple TV user will come to your rescue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps 

I started playing around with the Apple TV subtitle settings and found it was down to Apple TV. They were however, meant to be turned off as that was the setting in Accessibility. I then found in Video and Audio settings -> Audio -> Subtitle Language - this was set to Auto. I changed to OFF and subtitles have now disappeared. I think it’s an Apple software glitch but this workaround does the job.

Thanks for your help and suggestions! 🙂