Not applicable

Can't log in

Hi my Samsung smart tv wont load the sign in page, any ideas please ???? 😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So I can think of 2 options; delete the app and reinstall it or set the TV back to factory settings

Hopefully the first will work, otherwise factory settings means you'll be having to set up the TV all over again. Although 9 times out of 10 it normally fixes the problems.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So I can think of 2 options; delete the app and reinstall it or set the TV back to factory settings

Hopefully the first will work, otherwise factory settings means you'll be having to set up the TV all over again. Although 9 times out of 10 it normally fixes the problems.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

The middle ground is to unplug the Samsung from the mains, press the On/Off button to drain the electrons, wait two minutes, and then start the TV again.

This was the advice given to us by Samsung, and it worked for us.

Though if it doesn’t, then will be the time for a full factory reset.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been trying to watch Now Tv on my Samsung smart tv since Saturday 22 August and a message appears on screen Unable to access account please try later.

Several communications with Now Tv have failed to resolve this matter.  I have reset the tv, switched the tv off and on reset the hub, done several handstands in the lounge but still the problem exists.  Now tv say that the problem is my internet provider who has blocked my details with Now Tv, on checking with BT they say that they can't do this without the users permission.

So I've paid for 3 passes and have been unable to watch any of them for 5 days and have reached stale mate.

Any one out there with a positive solution?

Thanks in advance.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s not a positive solution exactly, but try, briefly, watching NowTV on your smartphone with its WiFi turned off. If you still can’t, you have a NowTV account problem not related in any way to your BT broadband, and you can tell NowTV that.

But if that works, next put the smartphone in Airplane mode, turn on the WiFi on it again, and try watching that way.

If that doesn’t work, go back to BT and describe what you have done, and ask them what could be causing the problem with your broadband (e.g. some Parental Controls or similar, that you have on accidentally).

But if that works OK, then the problem is with the app on the Samsung TV. Delete the NowTV app off it. Unplug it from the mains, press the power button on the TV for 30 seconds to drain the electrons, wait two further minutes, turn the TV back on, download NowTV from the Samsung App Store on the TV, and try again.

If it still fails (what’s the model number of the Samsung TV?) consider buying a NowTV Stick.

Everyone should have a Stick, since if NowTV won’t work on that, where will it work?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have reset and rebooted and still can’t log in  any other suggestions please?