cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't find the app store

I cannot find the app store through NowTV on either my PC or my Youview box.  Instructions say to go to the home screen and scroll down to the 'App Store', but it isn't there!  I have been through every menu available on NowTV, and it is just not there!  Can someone tell me where to find it?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You won't find a dedicated Apps Store like the NOW branded boxes or Stick on your Youview box NOW App or the NOW website with your PC.

For example with your Youview box you need to use the dedicated Apps section from Youview and with a PC you need to go on the relevant third-party websites.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Amplifying what @schnapps says, you need to distinguish between the Now Sticks and Boxes, which bring you the Now app and lots of other apps, and the Now app itself, which you can get on PCs, TVs, YouView boxes and other devices, but which is just one app of the range of apps on the device.

So to find other apps, you look in the App Store on the device you are using, and not in the Now app on the device, which is just the app on its lonesome.

Though you can’t look in an App Store on a YouView box, as it hasn’t got one. It’s got loads of apps, as you have no doubt found, but all the apps that a YouView box can have all appear in the range of apps offered there, and are controlled by YouView themselves. So you can’t add any, and you can’t delete any.

AAMOI though, what are/were you trying to achieve?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Saz1971
Advocate

So I take it the app store has turned into the channel store?

RoyB
Legend

@Saz1971 

On a Roku device yes; apps are called channels, and Now is a channel there, as are the BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Viaplay and so on, among the hundreds of others.

But other devices, like the YouView box, still call them apps.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

to follow up from @schnapps re the PC you don’t download any app for NOW as it’s not there. You just stream directly from the website.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help