cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holzzz
Advocate

Can’t find app on JVC fire TV

States that JVC Fire Edition 4K TV should have the now tv app but I cannot find it on mine. I have tried updating the software but this has made no difference anyone else having the same issue?

29 REPLIES 29
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Matt

I'm a long time customer of Now TV I have found that they're internal policy, of not making any major announcements until they're ready, is for all intent and purposes carved in stone. So it's very unlikely that your plaintive cry will make them change they're collective minds.

Unfortunately, like the rest of us, you will have to wait until Now TV are ready to make an announcement and, unless you know someone on the inside, you will only get to know about an update or major event when we all know.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can actually sideload it and it works great. I had to do this the other week as my Roku stopped working with NOW TV. It is better that NOW is on the main menu anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's now April, the 20th. Early 2021 is gone and no app on the TV or any updates.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The powers at be with NOW keep things close to the chest and only release anything until the very last minute.

Take the Sony Bravia Android TV app for instance, this came completely out of know where and was a very pleasant surprise. So don’t be shocked if it just randomly gets released at some point.

Although I agree with you that the original timeline of “early 2021” is now and truly over.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

New to the forum but have the same issue with regards to Now on my JVC fire TV

However, whilst looking at the main Amazon menu on the TV last,  I noticed that a recommended app was "Now" there it was in glorious green so I thought OK i'll download it.

As the store basket appeared, it said "unavailable"

Something's happening....anyone else see this or can you now download it?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not sure how the JVC Fire TVs work. Are they linked to your Amazon account?

If so are you able to use this link and "send" the NOW app to avalaible devices?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sky-UK-NOW/dp/B08PL1TKY3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=now+app&qid=1620829945&sr=8-1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi@gavs82008

Thanks for the reply and yes it's linked to my Amazon account.

I tried the link to send to my device and again (like it says on TV on my original post) its not available...even though it appears available.

Strange.

I can't post a screenshot but it shows my devices with an "X" next to them

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update..... Success! 

Today the store let me download the app and it's installed and working well.

Give it a go if you can. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Awesome glad to hear it’s finally worked and you got the app! 😎

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah today they updated the app so now it is fully supported on all Fire TVs and the Fire TV Cube it's took them 5 months but glad it's finally done.