cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't change channel on Now TV app on Samsung smart TV

Hi,

Recently purchased a month sky sports pass on Now TV, but after choosing to watch sky sports main event I can't go back to the home screen on Now TV to choose a different channel. No buttons on the remote do anything unless I want to change source or go back to the home screen on my Samsung TV UE55MU7000.

The streaming quality also breaks up every few minutes for about 10 seconds but I'm just trying to change channel for now.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Om my UE55JS9000, on an Entertainment programme, STOP (the little square) works, RETURN works, and both get you out of the programme, but leave you in the NowTV app.

Further RETURNs get you back a step at a time, until from HOME, it exits.

EXIT gets you clean out of NowTV in one go.

I don’t know if it’s any different on Sport, which I don’t have, though it’s the same on Sky Sports News, which you can access with an Ents Pass.

The app version, if that is what you see under My Account there, is 4.5.26

What does yours say?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB  I've tried that, but a 'no entry' symbol - a circle with a diagonal line through it - appears at the top right of my TV when I push the stop, play, pause or any of those type of buttons on my remote.

I'm using the app on the TV, but there is no option to view the version. I'm going to try removing the TV from my list of devices in the hope it signs me out and when I log back in it works... fingers crossed!

Thanks!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thats very odd - how are you supposed to be able to work it?

Though you will likely get that symbol during trailers, so I take it you are letting the stream run into the programme proper?

If so, the delete/reinstall or reboot/reset seems like definitely the way to go.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

I found a solution. By adding the Now TV app to Home I was able to choose an alternative channel on the app from the Home screen. From there I've been able to navigate around the app as normal even after going in and out of the app multiple times. Seems an odd requirement to be able to use the app properly, but it worked for me. If anyone else has the same issue it's worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can only get one channel on Now TV.   How do I change.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Which channel?

Try using the arrow keys on the remote, up and down.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Samsung tv has two controllers, classic black and minimal silver. Initially Now Tv worked ok, but then went to a particular channel when opened and no silver controller buttons would change channel or take me to the guide etc. Dug out classic black controller and found that pressing the Exit button fixed the issue. Hope this helps someone.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi J

Like you, my Samsung Smart TV came with two remote controls but I do not use the smaller smart one, I just find it unnecessary and, quite frankly, just can't be bothered with it.

Your cautious warning has solidified my decision.

UK Bob