cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't Watch on My TV

Hi,

I signed up for a 3 month prepaid entertainment pass yesterday to catch up with Game of Thrones. I can watch on my mobile phone but I can't find Game of Thrones even on NowTV on my TV and it is also not letting me watch any shows and says i don't have a pass. Am I missing something here? How come I can access Now TV through my set top box but can't watch anything and even some of the shows appear to be missing?

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't expect a response from NowTV. I emailed them because my box keeps rebooting randomly - won't allow me to watch anything on BBC iPlayer unless I restart the device BEFORE selecting the app and starting to watch something. BBC iPlayer app and Channel 4 apps are DREADFUL on there. Channel 4 won't let me play anything. As soon as I select something, it just crashes out. I asked them for their advice, and got no response. 

RoyB
Legend

YouView boxes have a cut-down NowTV with only Movies - no Entertainment or Sport.

The full NowTV is coming to BT YouView boxes shortly, though it is not here yet, and even when it arrives may only be for BT TV subscribers - we don't know all the details yet.

Might your TV, if it is a smart TV, have the NowTV app on board? My Samsungs do.

If not, your best current bet for big-screen is a NowTV stick; £20, but it gives you another two months of Entertainment if you get the one with that option. And Curry's will do it for half-price if you chop in an old streaming device you no longer use, so £10 + passes makes the offer better than 'free'!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.