cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch the various channels and movie channels through my samsung TV? Not the App

Hi,

I am currently with BT and have the NOW entertainment and cinema packages, with BOOST.  

I am considering moving to NOW Broadband.  Will i be able to watch the channels on my Samsung Tv or will I still have to go through the NOW APP?

Ideally, I would prefer to scroll through the channels and select a live programme to watch as opposed to going through the APP.

Also, does anyone know if NOW is the same as SKY?  Iam trying to find a reasonable fast broadband and TV package.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
nst
Elite

Sorry thats just not how it works.

Now's broadband is just broadband.... you still access the NOW content via the app and platform of your choice just as you do currently.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can’t watch the Sky channels from Now on your Samsung TV now, not directly tuned in by the Samsung at least.

You can watch them on the Samsung TV’s screen, yes, but only via the YouView box that BT supplied you with.

Which, unless you were with them from before December 2019, they will want back.

But even if you can keep the YouView box, this too will stop displaying the Now channels once you change broadband away from BT.

So yes, you will have to use the Now app on the Samsung TV to view what your Now memberships provide.

Only BT TV subscribers (which implies BT Broadband, though the converse is not the case) with Now memberships taken out via BT can watch the Now channels in the EPG, and then only on their YouView box.

As regards Sky, Now is a subsidiary of Sky. Sky sell broadband and TV packages, and so do Now, though the value propositions are rather different.

Far too much difference to go into here, though. You really need to bone up on the Sky information for potential subscribers that is on the web, and then do the same for Now.

Once you have got some idea of what each offers, come back with anything you still aren’t clear about, and we will see if we can clarify it for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.