cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buy now: "Sorry, something went wrong Please wait a moment and try again."

Hi Can anyone help me please?  I’ve just got a replacement Humax DTR T2000 box with Now TV built in.  Logs in ok and goes to menu screen just fine.  When I try to watch a movie it keeps saying ‘sorry, something went wrong, please go back and try again’ I’ve checked the internet connection- fine.  I’m at a loss...

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming none of the movies play or is it one particular movie in question ?

If it's every single movie on the NowTV App flagging up this error message.

Then i was just wondering who is your internet provider, is it BT or Vodafone or somebody else ?

If it's Vodafone then the Vodafone network has been generating an IP address on their routers from India which is causing the NowTV service to block the IP address because it's non UK or EU.

From what i have read on the net Vodafone togther with NowTV are working on a fix (don't know if it's been resolved yet because Vodafone is not my ISP).

If you are using another ISP such has BT etc, then make sure that you are not using a VPN where NowTV sometimes will block VPN services.

Apart from the above, have you tried a quick power down reboot on both your Youview Box and Router ?

If that doesn't work maybe try a factory reset on your router or see if switching the power off to the router for about 30 minutes makes any difference when attempting to watch movies on the Humax Box via the NowTV App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Schnapps

Many thanks for the info!

Yes, I am on Vodafone and Now TV on my Humax YouView won’t play ANY movies. Strangely though it plays on my iPhone / iPad no bother at all, it’s just the YouView box I have problems with and that’s connected through an ethranet cable.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A bit of a long shot, maybe try switching the power off to both your Humax Box and Router.

Then unplug your Ethernet cable that connects to your Humax box and your Router.

Give it a minute, then re connect the Ethernet cable at both ends, then switch on the power to your Router (give it say 5 minutes to reboot and settle down) then power back on your Humax box and go into the Now TV App to see if the movies play.

If that doesn't work, i am assuming you tried the other suggestions in my first post.

Other than that unless somebody on the NowTV forum knows the answer, maybe try contacting both Vodafone & NowTV Help Support for further assistance.