cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanB
Scholar

Boost Advert Free

Having spent last half hour on chat with Now and getting nowhere so I'll try asking here. I subscribe to Now Sports and Boost. I was just watching the Japanese GP FP1 which is a replay so I would not have expected adverts but I saw a normal batch of 3-4 minutes. I have the Now app on my ethernet connected Sony 4k Smart TV and am running Now Brilliant Broadband and speed checker shows 48.4mb/sec download

I saw stream speed of 7949 when I pressed the ok button.

I was unable to get Now chat to confirm that am definitely seeing HD and what is classed as on demand. They say you should see "promotional trailers" - as I said I just saw normal raft of adverts

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @IanB 

A figure of around 7800 to 8000 means you are getting HD Boost at 1080p.

Pressing the red button on your remote only brings up the search and now and next TV Guide.

From your NOW App home screen navigate down to the first tile box which says something like "view all Sports" (not live Sports) then click Ok / enter on it and another screen page will open and scroll down until you see the F1 dedicated on Demand tile box to click on.

Personally I don't watch NOW on Demand Sports if I can avoid it because the frame rate is only 25fps and the majority of the content is 720p which when pressing the info button on your remote will bring a streaming figure up around 4800 (even with NOW Boost).

NOW on Demand can also take over 24 hours to be added to their service after the live Sports event has finished.

Where I can I try to watch the Sports event live or see if it's on a repeat rerun on one of the Sky live linear TV Sports channels.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@IanB 

They like to complicate things at NOW 😜

Under all sections "entertainment, sports, cinema" they should have two options 

• Watch Live
  • On demand

Then under the "on demand" section is where they can drill down to the genres etc. Getting to on demand could and should be a piece of cake for all memberships.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
IanB
Scholar

Couldn't agree more! - thanks for your help👍