cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blurry sky sports on Roku stick

Hi , occasionally I buy a day pass for sky sports through now TV on my Roku streaming stick , the last 2 times I've purchased one the coverage on all channels is very blurry , sound is perfect though , no buffering just blurry . Works perfectly on my tablet though.

Anyone got ant ideas ?

Roku is up to date , now TV app is up to date , have reset modem and Roku stick several times , WiFi is running at 20mb .

Can't think of anything else to try 😔.

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine was blury just now watching the golf...I pressed the reset button at the back with a paperclip and at the moment it's fine.....fingers crossed...and good luck, to you and Europe!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi,

I had the same problem on my Now Tv 2 box after the March update and like you found restarting the box would correct it for a while and very annoying. On Oct 25th my box recieved a new fimware update, since then whenever the quality drops it usually recovers within a few seconds, just like it used to. This suggests there was a firmware issue they have now fxed and are rolling out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for this info !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem with a new Roku box. It turned out that because the TV is in a different room from the router, and with several walls in between, the network speed between router and roku was too slow (my BT internet speed is super fast). I got a BT wifi booster, plugged it in the TV room connected to my 5Ghz wifi and - voila- picture excellent.

Jon
Observer

I have encountered the same issue. Basically the NOW TV app for Sky sports does not support 4k. To resolve this on the 4k Roku stick, go to the home page and then change the setting to 1078, rather than any of the 4k settings. This resolved the issue for me. 4k and above seems fine on everything else