cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blurry sky sports on Roku stick

Hi , occasionally I buy a day pass for sky sports through now TV on my Roku streaming stick , the last 2 times I've purchased one the coverage on all channels is very blurry , sound is perfect though , no buffering just blurry . Works perfectly on my tablet though.

Anyone got ant ideas ?

Roku is up to date , now TV app is up to date , have reset modem and Roku stick several times , WiFi is running at 20mb .

Can't think of anything else to try 😔.

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue on the sports, it just goes really blurry all of a sudden. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just bought NOWTV stick to watch GAA game on SkySportsArena. What a waste of money. Stick £15. Day pass for sky sports &7.99. Picture unwatchably blurred all the way through. Would not recommend at all!!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here. Seems a problem specific to the Now tv app on a Roku streaming stick. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've started noticing that the NowTV live chanels are blurry for the last 2 weeks or so, but was ok before on my Roku box. Now there is very little point watching TV live via NowTV.

The Catch up streams are perfectly fine!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is exactly the same. Started after recent update. Wired connection. Good internet speed. Everythng works but sky sports channels. Anyone got a fix? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to say. Tried resetting everything and went back to factory default. Nothing worked. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Didn’t work for me either. Given up on it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bounce

Exactly the same here. Most NowTV channels are fine until you get to the live stuff and then the viewing quality ios so poor you can't see anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue with a Roku 3.  I paid for Sky Sports for 10 months for the £179 offer and the first three games I wanted to watch all went so blurry they were unwatchable.  My internet onnection was excellent and everything up-to-date.  I tried watching on my PC in stead and it worked perfectly!  Since then I've been turning on the appropriate channel early, before the show starts, waiting until it turns blurry and then re-starting the Roku 3.  When I put the channel back on it's perfect.  It doesn't always last for the entire show, but sometimes it does.  When it goes blurry again I restart it again!  It's a pain in the ###### and it shouldn't keep happening, but I've no idea how to fix it.