cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blank white screen on Samsung tv

I can open the Nowtv app in smart hub and it begins to load but then changes to a white screen and I can only exit nowtv by pressing exit on my Samsung tv control and that exits smart hub. Can't remove and reinstall the nowtv app in my hub either as it's fixed there by Samsung.
If I connect my nowtv box then it works fine but only through the box. The app still doesn't work.
Help please!
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One thing that seems to work is to search for nowtv then select it rather than clicking the std icon. The screen goes white briefly but then kicks in. It's worked a few times doing it this way.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks that worked 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interestingly this worked, but not a long term solution. 

NowTV / Sky really need to fix this, surely we’re not the only Samsung TV users that are experiencing this issue? 

Completely the same issue for me, blank screen and then doesn’t work. Also finding that when I am watching things, randomly get an error message saying ‘session timed out’. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine's fixed itself strangely. 

Clicked on the app, white screen for a short while then loaded to the normal screen. Wanted me to sign in again which was an ordeal in itself because I always click 'remember' sign in details. Managed to sign in and it said I've got too many devices. So I signed in on my phone and removed all of them to start fresh and then was able to sign in again and watch.

However I'm not convinced the issue was due to having too many devices otherwise it would've told me that months ago when it stopped loading.

Hope you all get fixed and thanks for your responses 🙂

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

We would really like to know if any of you are still experiencing this issue on your Samsung TV. 

If you are, can you please post the model of your TV in the thread below. 

We'll then be able to further investigate the issue and hopefully get back to you with an update. 

Thanks,

Karl 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Karl-F

Thank for coming back to us, mine is UE32J5500

For me, it now just has the white screen for around 5 seconds and then it does load the app. My LG tv app is fine and not affected. 

So all in all it lets me in but something not quite right on starting up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem on my Samsung- UE40JU6740UXXU

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my model is UE40JU6500, got 2 week free trial, looks like I will prob cancel as cant use it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just joined now TV and most of the time I just get a blank white screen. I log on though my smart Samsung TV model UE 50JU6800. It is not worth me having now TV if this continues and would like it cancelled and my money back. I have NETFIX and Amazon and they both work fine.

Danny

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also get this. Samsung model UE55JU6400K