cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blank white screen on Samsung tv

I can open the Nowtv app in smart hub and it begins to load but then changes to a white screen and I can only exit nowtv by pressing exit on my Samsung tv control and that exits smart hub. Can't remove and reinstall the nowtv app in my hub either as it's fixed there by Samsung.
If I connect my nowtv box then it works fine but only through the box. The app still doesn't work.
Help please!
21 REPLIES 21
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

I get this on occasion too, so would be interested for some input from a Now tv rep

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Helps to see someone else with same issue 👍
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW tv used to work perfectly on Samsung TV but for last few weeks we now just get white screen. Why are NOW TV not fixing this ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine’s not fixed either, although I haven’t tried it in a while!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everytime I try to put on Now TV app on Samsung TV I am just getting a white screen. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Everytime I try to put on Now TV app on Samsung TV I am just getting a white screen. 

@Anonymous User Visit this page https://help.nowtv.com/article/app-not-loading-on-samsung-tv

You may have to contact Samsung and they will send you a USB stick with a Firmware update for your TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Try logging in to nowtv on your phone or tablet and then go to devices and remove them all. Then try your tv again. Hope this works.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White screen resolved  I checked my NOW tv account and the samsung tv was registered twice, i removed both devices then re-registered it, and NOW tv loads instantly - no more white screen.  ( I think the double registering was when my subcription came to an end, I then renewed and must have been asked to log in again on same tv, as problem only started after contract renewal).  Hope this may be of help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. White screen, can't delete and re-install app on Samsung? Seems to have started since the now TV update to the menu etc. Anyone from sky going to fix? Otherwise I may as well cancel as I can't watch anything.