cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad quality on Samsung TV

Got NowTV with Boost on a Samsung TV Frame latest model. My internet is very, very, very good. I am talking 600-700mbps speeds by Ethernet directly to the TV.

I only use the Entertainment package to watch TV shows and their quality is very, very, very bad.

When watching a show like My Brilliant Friend which is supposed to be HD he image becomes blurry and you cannot even tell the hard coded subtitles.

NowTV has no way to select a streaming quality. 

I suppose NowTV’s software is just that bad and unable to properly stream but has anyone been able to sort these issues?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried clearing the cache app on the TV?

Its worth unplugging both the TV and router for a few minutes. 

Is this issue with live TV or on demand? 

There is two streaming differences 720p without boost and 1080p with boost.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is for shows not live  TV which I have never tried. I have boost so should get HD image. The cache has been cleared a few times as the TV has been fully reset and the issue persists.

When I pause the video I can see on the top right corner a box stating “video quality”. This sometimes goes from 860 to 90.  Never have I seen it at 1080. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My understanding is that stream numbers at the top right never indicate 720 or 1080. Often my stream number is 8000+.

When was the last time your software was updated for the TV? 
Perhaps a factory reset might resolve it however that would be extreme right now and a pain. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would be tempted to try has a temporary test something like the Google Public DNS settings on either your Samsung Smart TV or Router (if either device supports it) to see if the picture quality improves when using the NOW App.

Where you should be seeing a figure of 7800 to around 8200 for 1080p with a NOW Boost when watching NOW Entertainment with the HD icon logo on the TV show information.