cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT box

Hi, am considering moving from BT broadband and tv onto Now broadband and Sports. I have a BT YouView box and also a Now box model 4631 which I’ve had a few years and don’t use. Once I’ve cancelled my contract with BT, will the YouView box continue to work so I can watch Now through it? Or will the Now box still work and take over from it? Apologies if these are silly questions, I’m not technically minded! 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You will still be able to use the NOW app on the YouView box to watch content. However you won’t be able to use the EPG for the Sky  channels.

NOW don’t supply any devices to view their content. So you will have to provide your own. Which you have with your BT box.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply - so If I can’t watch Sky channels on my BT box, how do I view the sports channels that I’m paying for?
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You use the NOW app on the box. The only difference is you won’t be able to record any of the Sky channels. 

Using the app will still give you the live channels. Which you will find in the TV guide section of the app.

This you can test and play around with just now to get used to it. As the app is accessible regardless who your billing is with.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be worth having a read of this BT article about if you need to return the BT Youview box back to BT if you signed up to them or renewed a contract after the 13th of December 2019.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/how-to-return-and-recycle-your-bt-broadband-hub-and-bt-tv-box-fo 

I left BT in around 2016 /2017 and kept the BT Youview box and watching all my NOW TV Memberships (including NOW Sky Sports) through the NOW App on the Youview box that i kept.

i also use the older NOW black box as well with my NOW TV various Memberships (including sports).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just checked and thankfully my last contract started on 6th December 2019, a week before the rules changed! Thanks for the information 😊