cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT Account problems

Hello there. I wonder if can help me. I have a NOW TV account under. However, I have just joined BT's broadband. As part of their package, I get NOW TV (and a few other NOW products). So this means that I can watch NOW TV through their TV box. But I want to know if it is possible to link the NOW TV to my two other NOW TV devices - a 'stick' and 'box' in other rooms. The two devices are both registered to one email address, but the BT box is another, different email. Does that make sense?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User when you took out BT did they transfer your existing NowTV account to them or did they set up a whole new account?

If they set up a whole new account, you'll need to make sure that any active passes on the original account (running on the 2 spare devices) are cancelled or you'll end up paying twice. You should do that on a PC under manage account>passes and vouchers ensuring that you complete the cancellation process fully (there's several screens of 'are you sure you want to cancel'). Keep going until you get a confirmation message (you should also get a confirmation email). I'd also be tempted to put a payment pin in place to ensure there are no spurious passes added at a later date.

Once that's done, scroll to the bottom of the homepage on those devices and click on the 'my account' tile. There you can sign out and once the screen has refreshed, sign in with your new BT login details. All your devices should then be on the one BT account.

Just a final note, do this on one device at a time incase you run into any difficulties!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So you get 6 devices in total that you can register to watch Now TV.
Not sure if the BT box counts as one, so we will assume it does. Meaning as long as the account details are the same you can log into 5 other devices. 

If you have taken the package that includes Boost then you’ll be able to stream 3 devices at once, otherwise it’s just two. 

Hope this helps.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's great, but how do I do it? The BT Freeview box is a different ema
address from the stick and box.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just log in with the email address you used to sign with BT Now TV. 
That’s how I would assume it would work.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User when you took out BT did they transfer your existing NowTV account to them or did they set up a whole new account?

If they set up a whole new account, you'll need to make sure that any active passes on the original account (running on the 2 spare devices) are cancelled or you'll end up paying twice. You should do that on a PC under manage account>passes and vouchers ensuring that you complete the cancellation process fully (there's several screens of 'are you sure you want to cancel'). Keep going until you get a confirmation message (you should also get a confirmation email). I'd also be tempted to put a payment pin in place to ensure there are no spurious passes added at a later date.

Once that's done, scroll to the bottom of the homepage on those devices and click on the 'my account' tile. There you can sign out and once the screen has refreshed, sign in with your new BT login details. All your devices should then be on the one BT account.

Just a final note, do this on one device at a time incase you run into any difficulties!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect.  Thank you.  It worked.