cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGboy
Scholar 2

BT 4K box loses sound & buffers

Not sure what the issue is, but when watching Now TV app on the BT box through live programmes the sound will stop for 20 seconds and then come back, very odd but also very annoying. Also I’m suffering with buffering where I can watch the Now TV black box & I have now issues.

There is no way of updating the app or deleting and reinstalling so not sure what the solution is, any ideas anyone?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MGboy 

I have the same exact problem with my BT 4K Youview box, where i get the intermittent sound loss and the four spinning coloured loading circles when watching NowTV content via the NowTV App on Youview

Where like you my various NowTV boxes run perfectly fine.

This has been reported by various customers across different Community Forums.

Sorry, don't know the solution, where hopefully between NowTV and Youview they are looking into it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever get a solution? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not aware of a solution at the moment where we are at the mercy of the NowTV Tech Team to sort out.

For the last two months i have given up on the NowTV App on my Youview 4K box, where i am getting the spinning four coloured balls every couple of minutes, random sound drop outs and 25fps playback whilst watching sports on my Boost Pass 😠.

luckily i have other NowTV devices to fall back on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had to plug my now tv stick into my front room tv to watch football cos I was sick of losing sound. It worked fine so defo my youview box/now tv app 

im watching live football now and sound randomly cuts out for 2/3 seconds at least once a minute. It kills me 

ken242
Expert

Got the sign problem with my 4k freezing stuffing and same problems freezing buffing loss of sound it's only on my 4K box t 4000

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem from time to time, I have found that if i change my YouView settings to 1080p it works better.

Although I think it is a poor workaround and it still buffers from time to time even with that setting, just less than with a 4K setting.