cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful new update problems

Since the new update im getting constant buffering and force closures.

Ive reset, re installed and its happening on two separate devices, nowtv box and lgtv. 

Ive got 100mb download and every other none nowtv service works perfectly.

Ive never had a problem before this new update. 

Any idea when an update for the update will be released?

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you using for NOW? As I know there are issues with NOW on Roku devices since the rebranding.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using on LgTv and also on a nowtv box. Everything is upto date (app and tv) all worked perfect last week before update. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On my now Freeview box I did have problems with the new update however on Saturday morning I decided to update the software again even if it’s the same version. 

Since I updated the box I have seen an improvement in performance.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Keep checking for updates, after looking through the forum the rebranding to NOW has effected a fair number of devices.

Much like @Anonymous User mentioned, another update very recently has sorted the issue out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another day of not being able to watch anything because of buffering every minute. Ive tried everything, every other app works flawless (so did nowtv before update) 100mb download wired connection. 

Looks like im going to have to cancel.

Stick and box upstairs doing exactly the same too.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you happen to have an Amazon fire stick to test out? 
The reason I ask is I hear that the app has worked on the device without no issues since the rebrand to NOW

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I havent got a firestick to test this out. Thanks for the Reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems to be working ok on Xbox at the moment. Il have to watch through that for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

New talktalk smart box set up as instructed, device registered on account but when try to view programme on my entertainment package, get error message something went wrong and error code PL 0 went through all the usual processes but to no avail. Tried to access via More TV button then shows screen to sign up for NOW TV packages, which I have already. Seems box and account not registering!