cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auth Error on Apple TV

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

96 REPLIES 96
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm in the UK btw.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here. Worked fine last night but now an error when I tried this morning.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like it might be a wider issue at NOW TV's end. I'll tag @Karl-F @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team and they can pass it on to be looked at.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue and I am in the UK using,

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm having exactly the same problem. Worked last night then this morning error message flashes up then it crashes out. All other apps on Apple TV box appear to work fine.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. Mine is now. Doing exactly the same. It was fine this morning... Please help!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I am having this problem too - was it resolved?

I am UK based

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m having the same problem has NOW TV replied to the issues?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just started a Sports Membership, (mainly to watch the Lions in SA), but I'm getting the "Author Error" on my Apple TV. I'd like to watch the games on the TV and not my desktop. I see this problem is had by quite a few subscribers. Is there a resolution? I'm getting a NOW Smart stick to be sure. I'm hoping this will not conflict with my new subscription????

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

FYI you’ll struggle to get a NOW stick as NOW no longer sell them on their own website. If you are insistent on a new device your best device to buy would be an Amazon fire stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help