cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auth Error on Apple TV

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

96 REPLIES 96
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My parents are getting this error on their apple box, my Now TV box however is fine

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same problem - obviously originating at the NowTV end - interesting to see how long it takes them to come up with a solution...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just rebooted and still doesn’t work but Netflix and amazon prime are unaffected
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.
I've logged into my account on the NowTV website and checked the service status.
Apparently there's a fault at their end - think it's to do with the boxing match!
Nothing we can do until they've fixed it.

Looks like I'll be using Netflix tonight instead...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was watching NowTV. Backed out and now have the same error “Auth error” “Error authenticating your device”. Tried both my AppleTVs but I have the same on both. Fine on this iPad though. Has the authentication server for Apple TVs just died?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact issue for me. 2 apple TVs affected. iPad apps working fine. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What the actual Now TV. You had one job! One job and you failed! 

Millions of eagerly anticipating customers who waited 2 YEARS!!! And you FAIL to deliver! 

Not only is the app on Apple TV not working but the program is saying it’s currently unavailable.! 

I seriously  think you should consider refunding customers for this month on the basis of your companies incompetence.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Long term member. Don’t even want to watch GOT ( prefer to do a few in a row). Trying to watch Billions. They should team up with our government who are making a similar FCUK up of Brexit. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I couldn’t agree more with the other users. The technology behind NowTV is just third class. Only its non-existent customer support beats it. I tried using the chat service and it says I am no.29 in the queue and then abruptly ends my chat session. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So  should I assume it’s still not working on Apple TV. I relented and tuned in to watch an app that actually works. Echo commments about the outsourced third class app we ha e to deal with.