cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auth Error on Apple TV

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

96 REPLIES 96
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say you are getting Authentication Errors on the Forum, is that when attempting to write or post a message on here ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Authentication-issues-and-other-problems-using-the-forum/m-p/434604/highlight/true#M9095

If so, they are two different issues where the Auth error on the forum shouldn't cause the sign in error on your ATV.

Hopefully other ATV owners will offer some suggestions on what things to try.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Maybe there is something in this similar thread that can help you out ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Apple-TV/Apple-TV-login-failed/td-p/336747

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just signed up to Now TV and have the exact same problem. I have a 3rd generation Apple tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same auth error on an Apple TV. The above ‘work around’ did not work for me either.

When I restart the ATV, I can briefly access the app but if I try to watch content then it says that the site is currently unavailable. This is all despite my being able to watch on my phone and laptop.

Please advisez

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same auth error on my Apple TV. I was wondering if this was due to too many people connecting to watch the latest Game of Thrones.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, worked fine last night. Only purchased the pass yesterday (14/01/19). Very frustrating as now missing Game of Thrones!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You want to hear something funny? Today is my first day back with Apple TV after a 2 year absence. And i’ve got the exact same problem with NowTV that i reported 2 years ago!

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Apple-TV-app-crashes-immediately/m-p/441477#M...

Utterly unacceptable! Utter trash!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok so my parents have a 2nd gen apple box, and when trying to watch " in the long run " via Sky One catchup they get a message saying " Site is currently unavailable try again later "

Why is it saying this ? It was working earlier on their box, and its working atm on my NowTV black box

help !

They rebooted the box, and now its saying " Auth Error "

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Looking at all the posts from Apple TV box users in the last half hour on here it looks like NowTV may be encountering Technical difficulties that is effecting ATV Boxes.

The only thing you could try, but i doubt it will work is to try rebooting both your Router and ATV box (even if all the other Apps are working).