cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auth Error on Apple TV

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

96 REPLIES 96
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue it comes up on the screen and says “auth error” and then crashes. I have tried restarting my Apple TV but I am still having the same issue. How can I fix this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the exact same issue as well. 

Not sure how to go about resolving

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a fix at all for this? Just got this on the day GoT starts new season. So I’m guessing it’s NowTV not having investing enough to deal with the load. Which considering they’ve just increased prices by more then 20% is a bit rude.

Been working perfectly you all day too, just now, as GOT starts at 9pm and it crashes with ‘Auth error’.

no feedback, no problems with other apps. Just NowTV. 

Come on NTV, sort it out.

Never get this with Netflix or Amazon prime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same issue. Both apple TVs get auth issue and won’t load. It was working fine before 8:30 PM TODAY. 

All other apps on Apple TV load.

If NTV has allowed for lots of free trial subscriptions and not accounted for load increase they should prioritise service for fully subscribed/long term users!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same issue with my Apple TV box. Perfect timing for GOT!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue.  It was fine yesterday evening and now today I'm getting this error.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Snap, just clicked it on and have auth error message
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine too (Apple 3rd Gen), just started about 15 minutes ago. Have tried re-starting everything from router onwards but no jut just get a 'Error authenticating your device'.

Great one, Friday night, just signed up for the Sports option a week ago and now this has crapped out.

Nice one Now TV!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same error here 😞