cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio in mono.

Hi,

All content is currently playing in mono from my Apple TV 4.   the ATV4 has the latest TVOS installed,  and a hard reset hasn't resolved the issue.    All other apps on the ATV are working correctly and outputing stereo or 5.1 audio where appropriate.

Can you investigate please?    It's bad enough that NOW TV doesn't transmit 5.1 audio,  but reducing things to mono is a step too far 🙂

As an additional test my NOW TV app on my iPad is correctly outputting stereo,  so it's not an account issue,  rather it appears to be unique to the ATV.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The following articale may help you with Sound issues on the Apple Tv app.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200197

If you get no luck with this pleasse contact tech support on Now TV via live chat.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the link,  but it's not relevant to the problem that I describe.  I'll try live chat,  but I'm not hopeful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A brief update.   The problem is still there.   I contacted Live chat on the 21st and  went through all the obvious settings changing audio modes,  etc but no joy.  They have apparently logged it with the technical team and I should expect an email from them.   Nothing recieved as of yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Over a week,  no response from tech.    However,  the plot thickens,   another user reported the same issue with MacOS.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Sound-on-NOWTV-player-sounds-mono-compared-to-Silverlight/m-p/...  

Come on guys,  please sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Over two weeks in and no fix.   

50 Minutes wasted on the first live chat.  Just spent a further 45 minutes on chat with support explaining that no,  an Apple TV isn't actually a TV,  and yes I have checked all the connections.

It's not a great service is it?  I couldn't imagine Netflix or other tier 1 services tolerating faults like this for so long.   If NowTV wishes to go full retro why don't they drop back to 4:3 ratio black and white 🙂

Anyway,  from other posts the fault appears to be the streams shared by ATV and MacOS apps.  It does not appear to effect IOS streams.   Can someone on this board get the attention of whoever looks after the content distribution side?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem - audio in mono on nowtv through apple tv

: (

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We want to look into this issue further, in order for us to do so can you please provide us with the following: 

What are you trying to watch?

What device are you using?

Please post your reply in this thread. We'll let you know of any updates.

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl,  thanks for picking this up.

For me it's on all movies ( or at least the 20-ish I've chosen at random across different categories).  I don't have an entertainment sub to replicate on TV shows.  

Device is an Apple TV4 running latest tvOS 10.1 .    

All other apps on the Apple TV are fine,  it's just NowTV that's having the issue.  Changing audio settings on the apple TV between the default of "best", 5.1 or stereo has no impact on the problem.

Looking forward to your response after further investigation.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here we go again.   Over three weeks in and it's still not fixed.  How about an update on the problem investigation?   What form will the refund for the loss of service take?