cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTv 4 app - blank episode lists

Hi. There's a very annoying bug in the NowTv app on the new Apple TV. 

When you select a show, you're presented with the available episodes, season by season. You select an episode and watch it. When you finish watching it and press menu, to go back to the episode lists, often you are merely presented with a blank screen, instead of the episode list. So you have to press menu again. This takes you back out of the show, and you have to select it again to go back in, and then hunt through seasons and episodes again to watch the next episode. 

I've had this with the Blacklist, the Walking Dead... 

Never get get this problem with the built in channel on the Apple TV gen3. Please can you try to fix this? It really ruins the experience when watching box sets.

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for letting us know.

I've raised it with our tech teams to get this looked into. As soon as I receive an update, I'll let you know.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I reported this bug here on launch week, which was months ago and still not fixed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry that this hasn't been fixed yet.

I gave our tech teams a nudge, once I get some info back, I'll let you know.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not fixed. Incredibly frustrating. Apple tv3 still works fine. Why is this such a problem on the Apple TV 4?

It's basic functionality and is ruining the experience. Please, PLEASE get it fixed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I will send an email over to our tech teams and see if any update for you.

Thanks

Andy

nickmorc
Expert 2

Getting exactly the same on my 4th Gen Apple Tv, this was last night.

Once the programme is finished, press back and you are presented with a blank screen, press back again and you are back on the home screen and have to search for the programme again.

Karl, I think Sky need to let you buy a 4th gen for the office ! LOL

Nick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I first reported this back in February but it's been the case since launch. Not a peep from anyone to day this is being tackled. Shoddy. There hasn't been an update to the app since October. Not even to introduce a separate channel for the recently launched kids pass, which has happily popped up on the gen3 AppleTV. Why is this all so difficult to fix?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news on a fix? Do your tech team ever listen or act on anything?
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post.

We're really sorry for the delay with this. We did report this but we will chase this for you and update you ASAP

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team