cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTv 4 app - blank episode lists

Hi. There's a very annoying bug in the NowTv app on the new Apple TV. 

When you select a show, you're presented with the available episodes, season by season. You select an episode and watch it. When you finish watching it and press menu, to go back to the episode lists, often you are merely presented with a blank screen, instead of the episode list. So you have to press menu again. This takes you back out of the show, and you have to select it again to go back in, and then hunt through seasons and episodes again to watch the next episode. 

I've had this with the Blacklist, the Walking Dead... 

Never get get this problem with the built in channel on the Apple TV gen3. Please can you try to fix this? It really ruins the experience when watching box sets.

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I also experiene this issue, would it be possible to have an update? When will this be prioritised? NOWTV is an excellent product but this issue lets it down. It is SO annoying when after each episode you have to scroll over and down to find the next episode. Especially when you are on Season 8 of a programme!

L x

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is still not fixed. Just watched the latest episode of South Park, and when I got to the credits and pressed menu to go back out, again, a grey screen rather than an episode list. Finding this doesn't tend to happen as much if you go back out near the beginning of an episode but will always happen at the end.

Please, please, please fix this. It's been 7 months since I reported it and it's been a problem since launch which is the best part of a year. Seriously - PLEASE.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you havn't heard back from us. I've spoke to the team that develop the app and made them aware. I'll keep chasing updates for you. 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So 10 months since it was first reported and still not fixed. Yet other apps are updated frequently adding new features to their already working app.

This really is a shambles from NowTV. If you are telling the truth and this has been worked on for 10 months and still isn't fixed there needs to be a change in staff.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this black screen after watching Walking dead, when the chuff is this going to be fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any word on this? Still having these problems.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We have no update at the moment but we are working hard on getting this resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User We have no update at the moment but we are working hard on getting this resolved.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How on earth can this be taking so long?

Looking at the AppleTV App Store, this is still verison 1.0, and has not been update since its launch 18 months ago. You are a paid subscription service. This issue does not exist on the NowTV channel Apple TV 3 - how can this be such a pesistent issue and still go unaddressed after 18 months? Seriously - this is a disgrace.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"we are working hard on getting this resolved"

Given that NOW TV has known about this bug since the Apple TV 4 first appeared, you can see why people here may find that very hard to believe?