cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nst
Elite

AppleTV and Boost Price increase

Really sorry but I have to come here and vent.

The email has just arrived from NOW saying that boost will be INCREASING to £6 a month.

Oh.  My.  Goodness...... £6.

Boost costs almost as much as a whole Disney+ subscription which includes 4K AND ATMOS content FOR NOTHING.

I was expecting Boost to COME DOWN but no... its going UP and at a time when peoples finances are stretched.

I very much hope that this will be a catalyst for many Boost subscribers to cancel - this is an unjustified rip off especially as it only gives you measly 1080p which most services provide as a matter of course.

AND - on AppleTV where 2 years later they STILL cant be bothered to provide full Boost functionality with a 5.1 soundtrack....

I hope that every AppleTV owner who pays for boost now cancels as £6 a month is just beyond ridiculous.

/rant over.

24 REPLIES 24
Mcbadger
Mentor

Yeah, boost is a joke. You can literally get a skyq with sports for 18 months for less than NowTv sports only plus boost. You’d have to be a fool to pay for it.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mcbadger 

For Sky Sports with Sky you HAVE to take out the basic package with Sky which costs £26, soon to be £29. Plus the price of Sky Sports.

With NOW you can get just sports and boost if you don’t want the entertainment side. Whereas I’m paying £20 for sports and £2 for boost a month for 6 months. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mcbadger
Mentor

You’re comparing full price Sky with discounted NowTv which is a nice way to make your point but not realistic. 

SkyQ will go to £32/month with sports for 18 months, whereas NowTv discounts are much shorter. Plus you have to pay for rip-off boost on top.   

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mcbadger 

Even discounted rates with SkyQ don’t justify their rip off rates.

Either way both full prices are a joke and I would never pay for. For me I’m paying £31 a month for cinema, entertainment, sports and boost.

Plus I get to stream on other TVs at the same time if I wanted to. 

That being said it’s all about personal preference and mines is NOW hands down over Sky, as long as I’m not being full price.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mcbadger 

Also to add to my personal preference comment. 

NOW you just need a supported device, I have with my Sony Bravia TV which has the app on it.

SkyQ you need the box. For me I just don’t want another device, my TV has all the apps that I use.