cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been thinking the same thing, can’t help but think that’s why it been delayed and it’s all going to be part of the new channels feature on the Apple TV app 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any way to apply for testing or is it completely waste of time?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same question here, Is there any way to apply for testing?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

These newer nowtv 4k boxes don't even have bluetooth built in I mean that should be standard if your watching a movie late at night with headphones you cant. The same with the roku streaming stick+. With apple you do as with firetv stick 4k and nvidia shield. It's either done on purpose to cut costs or they just couldnt but yet they can make it 4k.

nst
Elite

sure, but when I purchased the NowTV box I want expecting miracles.

it was only a stop gap and I needed something compatible with Boost.

The reason I spent double (£29) what the stick is (£15) is that the sticks are physically awkward devices and I didnt have the room either side of the HDMI port to accommodate its bulk.

However, my expectations were suitably low.  Dont get me wrong its amazing value for money but you get what you pay for.  Its hardly the most snappy or fluid interface.

Its not going to waste for me, as I will move the NowTV box to the bedroom TV once the AppleTV app sorts itself out.

Fingers crossed its soon.  But all indications don't point favourably to NowTV giving it much TLC or a high priority from their dev team.  If they did, it wouldn't be 4 years old without an update (inexcusable!), and also ALL apps on ALL platforms would have received the appropriate updates simultaneously to support the new Boost service.

@Anonymous User Haven’t tried it myself but isn’t the Roku SS+ supposed to have “private listening” via the Roku app running on a device with headphones plugged in?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m sure it has but don’t have the streaming stick+ just the old black nowtv box and my Apple 4k box. Just gonna have to sit and wait for the new app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to point out, but the Ireland app that is shown on the link posted here a while back shows a red button menu system. Which means that it isn't even taken from the Ireland app at all, just a generic smart TV app similar to LG's being shown. For the whole of the Beta trial the layout of the apple tv app was COMPLETELY different to that supposed Ireland app shown on the store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody has the Irish app?

@Anonymous User  My understanding is that you would need an account on the IE Apple App Store to download the IE version of the app, and that even if that's done it will only accept login details for an IE NOW TV account (won't accept login details for a UK NOW TV account).

But I'm prepared to be told that I'm wrong about that by someone who has actually managed to download it from the IE Apple App Store, and then login with UK NOW TV account details..