cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

And more complaints on Twitter.

IMG_3149.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, MORE & MORE complaints - Here and Twitter.

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 22.13.58.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've cancelled today my one-year Cinema and Entertainment passes for good, not coming back at all as long this horrible & outdated App still on Apple TV. I think even if it update by this evening I still won't come back. Bye-bye everyone.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Why don’t you just buy a Stick, especially with these Black Friday offers that are now on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Roy,

Because I have all the rest of Tv/Media streaming Apps in Apple TV 4K and I don't want to move between different boxes/sticks. this is why I bought APTV because it is going to my ultimate TV Box.

We all have been let down by SKY, I won't come back again and soon .. Am I going to come back for Now TV on APTV, well I don't know but I don't think so. 

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service by SKY.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it is sky strategy to get last xmas with its own box

in march disney+ will launch on Apple TV and I think by that date the app will be updated like the irish on

By the way anyone from Ireland can post a review on the app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I stated the other day I was told it was late January app was gonna be released on other devices, I can’t see march and personally if that was the case I just think it’s madness. They need to get this out there now. Disney+ will have a huge selection to choose from so if sky want people getting movie passes it beggars belief why they haven’t sorted this. You could argue that by releasing it in Ireland and a smaller country they will get the feedback for the uk release. But still management of sky or now tv need to admit massive errors here for producing an app that has been left to gather dust for other devices. 

nst
Elite

I think @Anonymous User hit the nail on the head... maybe they want people around black friday, and Christmas buying their own hardware.

I dont see how this can make a great deal of sense though, as their hardware is so much cheaper than others - especially when bundled with a free pass or two.

The stick was £14.99 recently.  They cannot make a penny from selling that surely.

So, why not concentrate more on what's important and get CUSTOMERS... and thats on ANY platform they can, not just forcing them to buy a cheaper lower quality piece of hardware.

As Ive said before, my Apple TV is my box of choice.  The Apple TV app is worth it alone - it automatically presents any new episodes of shows you are watching across BBC, ITV, CH4, CH5, and Amazon Prime - so handy.  Netflix have chosen to not involve themselves in the TV app, but I wish they would as it would make life so much easier.  Now.... if NOWTV would get their act together and finally achieve functional parity across ALL their supported platform, and play nice with AppleTV's TV app... that would be a real game changer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just downloaded the Beta version of the new Beta App, it would be amazing if Now TV (and also channel 4) joined the Apple TV App ... it would make this box the box to go to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just downloaded the Beta version of the new Beta App, it would be amazing if Now TV (and also channel 4) joined the Apple TV App ... it would make this box the box to go to.

How did you get the beta version of the app?