cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316

@nickmorc wrote:

Cmon, Now Tv get this released, we have been waiting for such a long time. If theres an issue then let us know.

As I understand it, it’s only been “in testing” for a short while!

Surely you are not advocating that NOW TV should adopt “the other way of testing software” (i.e. do absolutely NO pre-release testing then launch it on an unsuspecting customer base and wait for the seething rage to rain down from them about releasing un-tested software)?!

nickmorc
Expert 2

I am not referring to how long its been in Beta but how long we have waiting to get to this point. I have done testing for Now Tv and a majority of the testing was completed rather quickly. Its a valid question, does it work or not !

I assume as its not been released theres an issue, thats fine, but a little bit of news would be good, for all us that have been waiting for the past year and more. Sadly some on this forum seem to think they work for Now Tv and never understand how you defend simple comments

@nickmorc wrote:

I am not referring to how long its been in Beta but how long we have waiting to get to this point. I have done testing for Now Tv and a majority of the testing was completed rather quickly. Its a valid question, does it work or not !

I assume as its not been released theres an issue, thats fine, but a little bit of news would be good, for all us that have been waiting for the past year and more. Sadly some on this forum seem to think they work for Now Tv and never understand how you defend simple comments

Like the rest of us, you’ll just have to wait to find out (and no I don’t work for now tv)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nickmorc wrote:

At least you know that a new app exists. For years that seemed unlikely to ever be the case. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So...a month passed...almost 8 months since promising...next week starts MasterChef Italy...and I’m stuck with Chromecast 

well done...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would a rep from now tv not have the decency to explain why we are not getting our invites when we were sent two separate e-mails telling us it would be in a few weeks, then, a few weeks again, months ago! It's a bit insulting then to find out it's an active beta without any explanation as to why the invites never came. I went to the trouble of applying, then resonding with the information required/nda etc.

nickmorc
Expert 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

Would a rep from now tv not have the decency to explain why we are not getting our invites when we were sent two separate e-mails telling us it would be in a few weeks, then, a few weeks again, months ago! It's a bit insulting then to find out it's an active beta without any explanation as to why the invites never came. I went to the trouble of applying, then resonding with the information required/nda etc.

I had exactly the same. Several emails and supplied all the information that was required. I even emailed the trials team before Christmas to find out when, how , why etc, they have never had the courtesy to reply.

Its diapointing that they treat their customers in this way, previously they had been great. Did several trials, tested various boxes and software etc. Always replied to emails.

I can only assume they have had a change of staff and they no longer care about their customer base.

Such a shame, been with Now Tv since it started and when it used to crash as soon GOT came on LOL.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any way I can apply for beta testing?

i did in the past but looks they didn't qualify me so maybe I should try again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure what is going on with NowTV/SKY (other then the obvious take over). I have done many trials and the NowTV forum used to be one of the best for information and responses. The person who used to deal with this was brilliant but retired/moved on and other people took over, it first started pretty well with information about trials etc but recently it has completely gone to the dogs.

Before Christmas I was emailed and told I was on a couple of trials and was just waiting for the release (after filling in a couple of requests for information) only to be told they had suspended the trials for the moment. Then I hear they have restarted one of them but no information passed to myself, I emailed the trial people (who in the past had been pretty good at responding) and got absolutely nothing back (as some others on here have said). I find the lack of decency to even respond is quite appalling.

I appreciate acceptance onto trials is not guaranteed but when you are originally told you are on it and then to not even respond to an email request is very very poor customer service and it is quite obvious from the lack of moderator response on here that it appears the Comcast philosophy of customer care has taken grip very quickly.

nickmorc
Expert 2

I think we can all read into it what Now Tv think of past customers who have tested the platform. For a mod not to even comment on this thread is very poor customer service.

Still no reply to emails to the trials team.

Over a month into testing of the app and still nowt.

What a shame that Now Tv has decided to take this non customer friendly approach.