cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Please any beta testers actually test the app and report bugs, in my experience many sign up to beta test to get a new feature and don’t report bugs, however minor. 

I recently beta tested a web app at work and found 180 issues myself, many cosmetic that others would have ignored. In the end a great looking streamlined app was the result that many benefit from. 

I currently only occasionally have a Now TV pass as I wasn’t getting value as it’s too hard to find something to watch or follow on where you got to in the current non beta Apple TV app. 

If anyone knows a way for me to get on the beta please let me know, think I missed an open invite in this forum a while ago. 

Anyway great news this beta app exists, hope it integrates with the TV app and Siri search. 

Anything specific you want me to test? I’ll test it thoroughly anyway but just in case there are bups you’ve found with the current one I’ll check if they’re patched. I can’t post the results on here but at least you’ll know they were tested. 

Siri search

Scrubbing through content

Subtitle support

Picture resolution 

Any judder watching content that has 24 or 30fps frame rate?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ChiefSpaceGobln  @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User and all other people on the trial.

You are not permitted to talk or discuss anything about the trial or the content of the ATV NowTV App under the NDA, otherwise you will get into hot water with NowTV & Sky.

Your only communication should be between the NowTV Trials Team on the information given when you accepted the trials invitation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not on the trial so not covered by any NDA. I am just imploring the beta testers to fully test and report all issues, cosmetic or functionality. I agree if there is a NDA then the testers should not discuss here, normally you’d expect them to have a private forum to discuss between themselves. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The testers will be under NDA, where there is no private area on the forum to discuss any bugs or glitches where they need to contact the NowTV Trials Team directly on their observations and findings when using the App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was just responding to @Anonymous User's request for things to test - I wasn't asking them to disclose anything.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

That's fine, i just wanted the trial testers to be aware that they can not post anything about the ATV NowTV Trial App in the public domain otherwise they will get in trouble with NowTV & Sky.

I am not on the trial myself, but know from previous trials with NowTV that nothing should be discussed on the forum from anybody on the trial who has agreed to their NDA.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ all beta testers & sky plc 

whatever you are going to do...do it fast! In Italy we’re waiting for you kids!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I was just responding to @Anonymous User's request for things to test - I wasn't asking them to disclose anything.

Due TC they cant say much about beta. For sure iterface will have massive improvement.  Lets hope everything stream at 1080p like netflix or new austrialian fox app Kayo Sports for apple tv which streams sports at 1080P 60fps. 

If it still stream at 720p then it will be very DISAPPOINTING. We want 1080p stream atleats. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What ever they are planning they need to at least include some basics:

- Continue watching

- Favourites

- Consistant UI

on top of that, they could easily make it one of the best apps on the platform by working with Appled TV app to include continue watching through that too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that’s disappointing, I was told like many on here that we were just waiting for the beta to be released only for it to be put on hold but now it seems we have been forgotten. I presume the beta release is for both fourth and 4K Apple tv’s already.